Hayes was named in ITV's pundit line-up last month for Euro 2020 alongside the likes of Liverpool hero Graeme Souness and Manchester United legends Roy Keane and Gary Neville.
The 44-year-old has been widely praised by fans for her insightful expertise on matches in the competition so far.
But Hayes also impressed with her brilliant analysis piece for The Athletic as she presented a compelling case for why England should play two holding midfielders against Croatia.
Emma Hayes is an amazing pundit/football analyst.
- :x::x::x: (@h_1stt) June 14, 2021
Emma hayes what a manager and pundit
- ZakCFC:star::star: (@ZakCFC) June 14, 2021
Emma Hayes is so good, both as a pundit and a commentator
- Ollie Best (@OllieBest_) June 14, 2021
Southgate opted to use Declan Rice and Kalvin Phillips as holding midfielders as England secured a 1-0 victory at Wembley on Sunday.
Fans recently took to social media and lauded Hayes for her Athletic piece and analysis as a pundit at the Euros.
However, it hasn't stopped some England fans from calling on the Chelsea women's head coach to take over from Southgate as Three Lions boss.
Emma Hayes for England mens job i beg. She actually understands football and knows how to pick a good team
- :trophy:Champions of Europe:trophy: (@Akh_Aqeel) June 14, 2021
Emma Hayes should be the next England manager when Southgate leaves.
- :blue_heart: (@DajerbalJames) June 14, 2021
Emma Hayes knows how to manage this team better than Gareth Southgate. That's a bad look considering one is a pundit for this tournament and the other is the manager of this team. Hayes was spot on in her analysis though, she's simply the best.
Hayes for England manager, anyone?
- The Pride of London (@PrideOLondon) June 13, 2021
I'm fully convinced emma hayes would be a better england manager than southgate
- tz (@chenobyI) June 12, 2021
Emma Hayes should be England boss next tbh.
- Julian PD (@JuJo_PD) June 13, 2021
Emma Hayes to replace Southgate would be ideal imo
- Ludo:star::star: (@theludojones) June 14, 2021
Emma Hayes should replace Southgate
- WavidCFC:flag_hr::flag_in::flag_ba: (@MegaMendy1) June 14, 2021
Sack Southgate and get Emma Hayes in now. She'll do a better job.
- The Tuchel Times :flag_de: (@TheShedEnd_) June 13, 2021
"Emma Hayes should be the next England manager when Southgate leaves," one Twitter user posted.
Someone else tweeted: "I'm fully convinced Emma Hayes would be a better England manager than Southgate."
While a third wrote: "Emma Hayes should be England boss next, TBH."
And a fourth added: "Emma Hayes to replace Southgate would be ideal, IMO."
Hayes enjoyed a successful season with Chelsea as her side captured the Women's Super League title ahead of Manchester City.
The former Chicago Red Stars manager also led the WSL champions to the final of the Women's Champions League last month.
However, Hayes' Chelsea side were thumped 4-0 by Barcelona at the Gamla Ullevi in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Hayes was linked with League One side AFC Wimbledon in February as she was tipped to become the first woman in history to take charge of a men's football league team.
Popular football presenter Laura Woods also described the "trailblazer" Chelsea women's manager as "brilliant in whatever she does."
Featured Image Credit: PA
- England fans fume with team Gareth Southgate has picked against Iran
- England fans are excited as Gareth Southgate starts Phil Foden against Wales
- Matt Le Tissier slams 'woke' Gareth Southgate after claiming he's offered to 'coach' England in the past
- England Fans Want Graham Potter To Replace Gareth Southgate As Manager