Danny Rose's Socks Were The Big Talking Point During First Half Of England-Belgium Third Place Play-Off
| Last updated
You know you're watching a third place play-off when you pay close attention to the socks Danny Rose is wearing, but then again they are a bit weird.
The England left-back had huge visible holes cut into the back of his socks during the first half of the game against Belgium and it confused a whole lot of people on social media.
Any idea what's going on with Danny Rose's socks? #BELENG pic.twitter.com/9lU5iyWDvs
- Panini Cheapskates (@CheapPanini) July 14, 2018
Why are the back of Danny Rose's socks full of holes? #ENGBEL #WorldCup
- Adam Williams (@adam_j_williams) July 14, 2018
Danny rose's socks are making me sick why are there so many holes like
- sanka:flag_fr: (@Martian_MUFC) July 14, 2018
Whats going on with Danny Rose' socks!? pic.twitter.com/vKzPPZrRfs
- Geraint Roberts (@Gezzyroberts) July 14, 2018
What are Danny Rose's socks all about? pic.twitter.com/8JhdHyix1k
- ⚒Jonesyyyyyy⚒ (@c0mPaN10nCuBe) July 14, 2018
What's happened to Danny Rose's socks? #eng #bel #worldcup
- Joe (@waltersobchak01) July 14, 2018
Nothing says third-place play-off like the holes in Danny Rose's socks #BELENG pic.twitter.com/bApSDJXGup
- Ben Grounds (@Ben_Islington) July 14, 2018
Really classy 2018 FIFA World Cup:tm: tribute from Danny Rose and his socks #classy #nicetouch pic.twitter.com/6AesKe7Cg2
- Adam Hurrey (@FootballCliches) July 14, 2018
Belgium currently exposing more holes in England's defence than Danny Rose's socks. #BELENG pic.twitter.com/K1eaf2B2Ao- 9GAG Football :soccer: (@9GAGFootball) July 14, 2018
Rose had the holes on display in the semi-final defeat to Croatia on Wednesday when he came on as a sub but they were more frequent and much larger today.
However, it turns out there's actually a pretty good reason for him doing so as back in April, The Mirror shed some light on why Rose's England colleague Kyle Walker has been doing the same thing for quite some time.
it seems as though a kitman, or even Rose himself, has made the incisions on the back of his socks in an attempt to relieve tension and prevent pain in his lower leg muscles.
These days, the combination of tight socks and bulging calf muscles run the risk of injury - and cutting holes is the common solution many players are choosing to help prevent it.
Topics: Football News, Belgium, Danny Rose, Football, England, World Cup
- Romelu Lukaku misses FOUR costly sitters in one half as Belgium crash out of the World Cup
- Ivan Rakitic couldn't resist trolling Romelu Lukaku after Belgium were knocked out of the World Cup
- A dressing room bust-up between Belgium players took place after Morocco defeat, say reports
- Croatia v Morocco referee: Who are the match officials for the 2022 World Cup third place play-off?