| Last updated
Chelsea's starting XI to play Huddersfield Town has been branded an 'embarrassment' by their own fans.
Maurizio Sarri's team have suffered back-to-back Premier League defeats to Arsenal and Bournemouth, the latter a 4-0 thrashing on Wednesday.
And he's named his starting XI for today's league fixture versus Huddersfield and it's not gone down well at all.
Today's team to play Huddersfield...#CHEHUD pic.twitter.com/5dHCVIr8nl
- Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) February 2, 2019
Sarri has selected Marcos Alonso at left-back while picking Ross Barkley and Willian in midfield. Not to mention benching both Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Callum Hudson-Odoi.
WORST Starting line up of the season. Barkley. Alonso. Willian.- Pys (@CFCPys) February 2, 2019
Absolute Joke from Sarri. It's clear that all the Odoi talk was just to try and get him to stay.
Absolute embarrassment. Embarrassment.
- Alex Goldberg (@AlexGoldberg_) February 2, 2019
This is pathetic tbh. No significant changes
- TY (@vokal_guy) February 2, 2019
Thats literally the worst possible starting 11
- ' (@gonzaloading) February 2, 2019
CHO???? ON THE BENCH???
- Owen (@blewittowenn) February 2, 2019
Sarri is so so stubborn
- El Pipita (@aamirrkhann10) February 2, 2019
Absolute joke of a selection.
- Zee (@CFCZEE) February 2, 2019
What the hell is this?! Alonso, Barkley and Willian all starting? Holy shit :joy:
- Younes H-Hamou (@youneshh) February 2, 2019
use me as a dislike button
- Jared Carter (@jaredcarter_) February 2, 2019
The Italian manager continues to feel the wrath from Chelsea fans who're still on his back following a string of poor results and questionable tactics.
Will he finish the season at Chelsea? Let us know what you think.
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read