| Last updated
Callum Hudson-Odoi has revealed that he has recovered from the coronavirus and is hopeful of being "back on the pitch very soon."
Chelsea confirmed that the 19-year-old English winger had tested positive for the coronavirus and had entered into a "period of self-isolation."
The club revealed in a statement that Hudson-Odoi had shown symptoms "similar to a mild cold on Monday morning and has not been at the training ground since then as a precaution."
However, the England international has now broken his silence by posting a video message on social media.
Hudson-Odoi explained that he had been "following the health guidelines" and self-isolated himself from everybody as he recovered.
"Hi, guys. As you may be aware, I had the virus for the last couple of days, which I've recovered from," the Chelsea starlet said.
"I'm following the health guidelines and self-isolated myself from everybody for the week.
"I hope to see everyone soon and hopefully be back on the pitch very soon."
Chelsea have said that the full men's team squad, coaching staff and several backroom staff have self-isolated after coming into contact with Hudson-Odoi in the men's team building.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson has announced that the UK government could ban sporting fixtures amid the virus outbreak.
"We are considering banning major public events like sporting fixtures," the Conservative Party leader said.
"The scientific advice is this has little effect on the spread -- but it does place a burden on other public services.
"We are guided by the science; there is no medical reason at the moment to ban such events.
"We are not saying no to that sort of measure, we are keeping it up our sleeves.
"But it is very, very important in order to maximise our interventions that we get the timing right."
Chelsea's London rivals Arsenal have also revealed that club boss Mikel Arteta had tested positive for coronavirus.
Featured Image Credit: Twitter/PA
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read