Callum Wilson marked his England debut with a goal.
The Bournemouth striker has been bagging goals for fun this season, netting six Premier League goals. He was rewarded for his early form with an England call-up.
Gareth Southgate named Wilson in his England squad for games against U.S.A & Croatia, and even started the 26-year-old against the Americans.
Wilson repaid Southgate's faith by scoring on his England bow.
He made it 3-0 in the 77th minute with a tidy finish. Fabian Delph, who started the fixture as captain, whipped in a delightful ball into the box which was met by Wilson who flicked the ball into the back of the net.
WILSON MAKES IT 3-0
Callum Wilson has lead the line well for @England and flicks home his first ever goal for the Three Lions on his debut
Watch live on Sky Sports Main Event of follow here: https://t.co/ERyOxfOH2h
- Sky Sports Football (@SkyFootball) November 15, 2018
It's a remarkable footballing journey for Wilson who was playing second-tier football not long ago, not to mention suffering a major setback in the shape of a serious knee injury.
Great to see @CallumWilson score on his debut. Great example of how important an indomitable spirit is. :clap:
- Gary Lineker (@GaryLineker) November 15, 2018
GOAL! Neat finish by debutant Callum Wilson. He's worked tirelessly all night and thoroughly deserves that. :clap::soccer: pic.twitter.com/TB3iZucdWL
- Wembley Stadium (@wembleystadium) November 15, 2018
The first Bournemouth player in history to start for England, and he gets his goal.
What a moment for Callum Wilson. pic.twitter.com/yvcU9Z4eZS
- bet365 (@bet365) November 15, 2018
Callum Wilson for club and country so far this season:
Absolutely red hot. :fire: pic.twitter.com/rPEi3JnY6b
- Squawka Football (@Squawka) November 15, 2018
1 - Callum Wilson is the first ever @afcbournemouth player to score for @England, and the first player to score on his Three Lions debut since Marcus Rashford in May 2016. Beginnings. #ENGUSA
- OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) November 15, 2018
The first of many...?
- Callum Wilson receives huge Instagram following surge during World Cup, it's second most for an England player
- Danny Welbeck, Callum Wilson and Lewis Dunk named in England's 55-man World Cup squad
- Callum Wilson still isn't the man to back up Harry Kane despite Newcastle United form
- Callum Hudson-Odoi makes u-turn decision on international allegiance switch from England