To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders

Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications

Not now
OK
Advert

Paulo Dybala Claims He 'Struggled To Breathe' During His Battle With Coronavirus

Published 
| Last updated 

Paulo Dybala Claims He 'Struggled To Breathe' During His Battle With Coronavirus

Juventus star Paulo Dybala has opened up about the excruciating difficulty that he felt trying to breathe after he contracted coronavirus.

The 26-year-old Argentine forward confirmed last Saturday that he and his partner, Oriana Sabatini, had tested positive for COVID-19.

And now Dybala, who was linked with a move away from Juventus last summer, has revealed that he is starting to recover from coronavirus.

Advert

However, the Argentina international admitted at one point he was "struggling for breath" and his "muscles ached."

Dybala told the Italian club's TV channel: "I've had strong symptoms, but I'm much better today. Now, I can move and walk and try to work out.

"A few days ago, when I tried to do those things, I was struggling for breath. My muscles ached."

Advert

Dybala's teammates Blaise Matuidi and Daniele Rugani have also tested positive for coronavirus, with 14 Serie A players believed to have contracted COVID-19.

Juve defender Rugani, who was the first Serie A player to test positive with the disease, admitted last week that he was recovering well from the coronavirus.

The 25-year-old Italian told Juventus TV: "I feel well, I want to reassure everyone. I always felt pretty well, I didn't have any serious symptom.

Advert

"I consider myself lucky, it was shocking because I was the first in the Calcio world.

Credit: PA
Credit: PA
Credit: PA
Credit: PA

"Aside from that, I feel well and I hope my case was useful to make people realise the gravity of the situation.

Advert

"It was rather shocking because there was a lot of attention from the media, in just a few minutes many people wrote to me.

"I will get past this, too, we all will. Let's hope we can all restart at the top together."

Serie A has been suspended amid the coronavirus outbreak, with Italy being one of the worst-hit countries by the pandemic.

According to Friday reports, 9,134 people have died in Italy from coronavirus and there are over 80,000 confirmed cases in the country.

Featured Image Credit: Paulo Dybala/PA

Topics: Football News, Football, Serie A, Juve, Paulo Dybala, Coronavirus, Juventus, Covid-19

Adnan Riaz
More like this
Advert
Advert
Advert

Chosen for YouChosen for You

Football

Barcelona could lose two of their summer signings on free transfers if they're not registered before Saturday

19 minutes ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

Gabby Agbonlahor claims he would rather have Marko Arnautovic at Manchester United than Jadon Sancho

6 hours ago