Mikkel Damsgaard produced a moment of magic to open the scoring against England, bagging a thunderous free-kick in their semi-final clash.
With the inside of his right-foot, the 21-year-old connected perfectly with the ball that flew into the back of the net and past a hapless Jordan Pickford.
That is a simply stunning free-kick from Mikkel Damsgaard! :boom::scream: #ENGDEN ' #ITVFootball ' #Euro2020 pic.twitter.com/0mkPNI9v5m
- ITV Football (@itvfootball) July 7, 2021
Despite the spectacular hit, ITV pundit Gary Neville slammed Pickford's attempt at saving the free-kick - claiming the Everton man should have done better.
Damsgaard's stunning strike is the first goal England have conceded this tournament, with Pickford keeping five clean sheets thus far.
The Three Lions, though, hit back nine minutes later thanks a brilliant team move.
Harry Kane pierced a pass to Bukayo Saka who picked out Raheem Sterling, with Simon Kjaer getting the last touch as the ball bundled its way in.
Featured Image Credit: ITV
- Marcus Rashford scores stunning free kick to give England the lead, it could be the goal of the tournament
- Gareth Southgate to fire up England squad by playing leaked video of Wales celebrating their Euro 2016 exit
- Christian Eriksen Comes On And Scores With First Touch For Denmark, It Was Written In The Stars
- Footage of Cristiano Ronaldo's first ever senior goal resurfaces, it was an absolute beauty