Manchester United Teenager Max Taylor Makes His Stunning Return Eight Months After Being Diagnosed With Cancer
Max Taylor has completed an emotional long-awaited return for Manchester United eight months after beating cancer.
The 19-year-old centre-back was diagnosed with the illness in February and underwent chemotherapy and responded successfully to the treatment.
And the United youngster, whose illness was monitored by medical staff, returned to training last month.
Taylor marked his sensational return in an under-23s clash against Swansea on Monday when he came off the bench to replace the injured Teden Mengi in the 37th minute.
The United defender put in a stellar performance as the Red Devils completed a 4-1 thumping of Swansea.
There was some concern for the Reds after Teden Mengi left the field injured. It was a special moment for substitute @MaxTaylor00, however, as he made his long-awaited return after treatment for cancer. pic.twitter.com/WPtn19h3lr- Manchester United (@ManUtd) October 21, 2019
Glad to hear the good news @maxtaylor00, best wishes bro. United :soccer:- Marcus Rashford (@MarcusRashford) February 16, 2019
Taylor signed for the club in 2014 after a successful trial and made 17 appearances for United's under-18s side.
He was part of the United team that won the Under-18 Premier League North trophy before he was promoted to the under-23s squad for the 2018-19 season.
Speaking after his return to training last month, Taylor said he felt "immensely proud and happy to be back on the training pitch with my teammates and friends."
He told United's website: "Without the invaluable support of my family, teammates and, of course, the nurses and doctors, my return to training at this stage would not have been possible.
"I want to thank all of the club's medical and sports-science staff that I have worked with throughout my rehabilitation.
"The next step is to continue working hard in the gym, and out on the grass, to hopefully make my return on the pitch."
Featured Image Credit: MUTV