Malcom scored his first goal for Barcelona tonight and you could see how much it meant to him.
The Brazilian made the move to the Blaugrana for a reported €41 million in the summer but things haven't got going, with his cameo tonight just his fourth appearance in Barca colours.
He's had a tough time but it made it that much more sweeter when he found the net against Inter this evening. The former Bordeaux man took his goal very well, cutting in on his left foot and slotting past Samir Handanovic after being picked out by Philippe Coutinho.
He'd only been on 90 seconds, having come on as a substitute for Ousmane Dembele but he made an instant impact.
Instant impact! :boom:- Football on BT Sport (@btsportfootball) November 6, 2018
Malcom grabs his first ever Barcelona goal just 90 seconds after coming on :punch:
A huge moment for the Brazilian :flag_br: pic.twitter.com/9O945DwZ8P
Then, as he wheeled away in celebration, he had tears in eyes and covered his hands on his face as he teammates swarmed around him.
MALCOLM OFF THE BENCH WHAT A GOAL!!
The Brazilian has tears in his eyes after he slots it in to make it 1-0 in Milan to Barca. #INTBAR
- 90min (@90min_Football) November 6, 2018
Malcolm is in tears..you deserve it :raised_hands:
- IG: @Zimmani (@zimmani) November 6, 2018
After finding first-team opportunities hard to come by, Malcom will be hoping to get even more minutes under Ernesto Valverde - and of course he'll be hoping this goal is the first of many for the La Liga champions.
Tonight was his first competitive goal but he has already find the net for the club, with it typically coming in a pre-season game against Roma, who saw Barca hijack their summer move for him.
:date: 23rd July: Roma fans wait at the airport to welcome Malcom only for Bordeaux to cancel the transfer
:date: 24th July: Malcom completes a transfer to Barcelona
:date: 31st July: Malcom scores his first ever Barcelona goal against Roma pic.twitter.com/aDD2GYlE2k
- ODDSbible (@ODDSbible) August 1, 2018
Malcom scores against Roma! Script etc.
- Samuel Marsden (@samuelmarsden) August 1, 2018
- Chris Smalling 'hands in' transfer request to Jose Mourinho at Roma amid major Serie A interest
- Radja Nainggolan is now a free agent, just months after being suspended for vaping on the bench
- Barcelona Set To Sue Roma Over Joan Gamper Trophy Withdrawal
- AS Roma Fan Asked To Recreate Goal After Claiming: ‘I Could Have Scored That’