To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders
Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications
| Last updated
Messi's contract at the Nou Camp expires in June and he is waiting until the end of the season to decide what his next move will be.
However, it's emerged that the 33-year-old has already decided on how the final years of his career will play out.
According to journalist Xavi Campos from Catalan outlet Esport3, Messi had a lunch with Joan Laporta after he became Barcelona president for a second time and told the 58-year-old he sees himself playing at the highest level for another two years before moving stateside.
The two also held long discussions about Messi's Barcelona future during the meeting, which was held at the Argentine superstar's house.
Inter Miami are David Beckham's franchise and played their first MLS fixture last year. Upon their formation in 2018, Messi sent a message to the Manchester United and Real Madrid legend and expressed his interest at signing for the club.
As per MARCA. Messi said: "Hi David, first of all congratulations, I hope all goes well with the new project, in this new step you are taking and who knows, in a few years maybe you will give me a call.
#ÚltimaHora: Lionel Messi envió un saludo a David Beckham deseándole lo mejor con su nueva franquicia de @MLS.
"Y bueno, quien sabe en unos añitos pase algún llamadito", cierra el crack argentino.
¿TERMINARÁ MESSI SU CARRERA EN USA :flag_us:? pic.twitter.com/k6dXfbAOON
- Pase Filtrado (@pasefiltrado) January 29, 2018
Messi had previously talked about returning to boyhood club Newell's Old Boys to end his career, but this news, in addition to him buying a £5 million luxury apartment in Miami, would suggest his final destination is set in stone.
Showing no signs of slowing down, Messi has been in formidable form in 2021, with 26 goals and nine assists in 26 games for Barcelona.
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read