Leeds fans were left raging after VAR controversially denied them a penalty against Manchester United.
Jack Harrison lofted a cross into the box with Luke Shaw controlling the ball with his arm.
Leeds players appealed for a penalty with Mike Dean reviewing the incident on VAR.
But he failed to award the hosts a spot kick after standing with the original decision to the dismay of furious fans on social media.
NO PEN :x:
Mike Dean on VAR takes a look but decision stands after the ball hit Luke Shaw's arm
:tv: Watch on Sky Sports PL
:iphone: Follow #LEEMUN here: https://t.co/dFaBf6YCyE
:calling: Download the @SkySports app! pic.twitter.com/QBvJQhAIVm
- Sky Sports Premier League (@SkySportsPL) April 25, 2021
One Twitter user wrote: "Other way round = pen."
A second tweeted: "It's Varchester, what do you expect"
A third added: "VARchester United strike again. But I bet they'll get a pen if that happens down the other end."
Some supporters also compared the incident to Callum Wilson's handball where he was adjudged to have handled the ball before scoring against Liverpool on Saturday.
Luke Shaw with a arm movement to the ball, stops it from going to the Leeds player for the tap in... no pen?- Jamie (@JamesManktelow) April 25, 2021
Callum Wilson ball rebounds off the keeper a yard away at Anfield, handball and goal disallowed...
Someone explain to me how that's not a penalty against Luke Shaw for handball when Callum Wilson's goal was ruled out yesterday for a much less clearer handball? VAR is a mess.- Sam Inkersole (@Sam_InkersoleTM) April 25, 2021
Callum Wilson...ball hits arm from a yard away no movement towards it. VAR says handball no goal.
Luke Shaw...ball hits arm from 20 yards away leaning into the flight of it. VAR says no handball.... Joke. #LUFC
- Ben Osmond (@benosmond5) April 25, 2021
If the Callum Wilson goal yesterday was disallowed for 'handball', then why is that Luke Shaw one not a penalty? The inconsistent use and application of VAR continues to baffle #LEEMUN
- Dan (@DanCreesey) April 25, 2021
VAR drama again Callum Wilson was hand ball but Luke Shaw was not #LeedsvsUnited
- @Mancity (@TheIrishGangsta) April 25, 2021
VAR cancels wilson goal yesterday but shaw handball is not a penalty
- Ripe banana (@slimsuki_) April 25, 2021
Oh ffs! That was 100% handball by Luke Shaw. Checked and not given by the clueless VAR official Mike Dean
- Gary Lawrence (@garythegooner56) April 25, 2021
Should Leeds have been awarded a penalty? Let us know what you think.
Featured Image Credit: Premier League
- Everton Denied Penalty Against Manchester City After Rodri Handball Goes Unpunished Following VAR Review
- Leeds Score Two Goals In 24 Seconds Against Manchester United, It's Utter Carnage
- Leeds refuse to name Man Utd as they announce coach branded 'Ted Lasso' by players
- Referee Mike Dean Issues Huge Prediction Over Major Change To VAR