| Last updated
It's a double deal for Chelsea today after the Blues announced the appointment of former Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri as Antonio Conte's replacement, before midfielder Jorginho immediately linked up with the Italian.
The Brazilian-born Italian had been heavily courted by Manchester City and it was widely reported that they had an agreement for him to join Pep Guardiola's record-breakers.
But the transfer continued to drag on and he has now joined Sarri at Stamford Bridge, signing a five-year deal and taking on the No.5 shirt.
Commenting on his move to the Premier League, Jorginho told the official Chelsea website:
"I am absolutely ecstatic to be here at Chelsea. It is not easy to become part of such a big team so I am very, very happy.
"I am excited to play in such an intense league, for a team that gives everything to play and win."
City, meanwhile, are said to be extremely unhappy over how this has played and feel hard done by.
City furious about Jorginho situation. Claim Napoli bullied him into going to Chelsea and said they'd force player to see out last two years of his contract if he didn't go there. Napoli 'unprofessional' and City 'never seen an agreement reneged on like this before'.- Jack Gaughan (@Jack_Gaughan) July 14, 2018
The champions have been linked with Real Madrid's Mateo Kovacic as an alternative to Jorginho but recent reports suggest they might not even look at recruiting another central midfielder.
Along with other reliable City reporters, Paul Hirst from The Times says it's a possibility that Fabian Delph returns to his defensive midfield role he has been playing in for England now that left-back Benjamin Mendy is fully fit.
Featured Image Credit: Chelsea FC
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read