Wolves striker Raul Jimenez had to be stretchered off at the Emirates after being involved in a horrific clash of heads with Arsenal defender David Luiz.
The two players collided at a sickening impact that could be heard very clearly after they challenged in the air on a corner in the first half.
There was immediate concern from both sets of players. Medics attended to the pair, with Jimenez coming out worse off. He was completely motionless and required oxygen.
Replaced by 18-year-old Fabio Silva, it was later reported on Sky Sports he had been taken to a local hospital.
Horrible incident at the Emirates.
Get well soon Raul Jimenez :pray::pray: pic.twitter.com/YHPAMhq9an
- talkSPORT (@talkSPORT) November 29, 2020
16' ' #ARS 0-0 #WOL
Raul Jimenez is stretchered from the field after he and David Luiz clash heads inside the Wolves box. Fabio Silva comes on in his place.
We will bring you more information on Raul as soon as we have it. #ARSWOL pic.twitter.com/qw2Tqk932m
- Wolves (@Wolves) November 29, 2020
Awful looking head injury to Raul Jimenez. Hope it's not as serious as it appears.
- Gary Lineker (@GaryLineker) November 29, 2020
Luiz, meanwhile, had his bloody head bandaged up and was given the go-ahead to continue playing after passing the mandatory concussion checks.
However, it was then decided at half-time that the former Chelsea man should be substituted and so he was taken off for Rob Holding.
The Brazilian made a point of checking on Jimenez as he was taken away on a stretcher. Here's hoping for a swift recovery for Jimenez.
Wolves lead 2-1 at half-time after Pedro Neto and Daniel Podence struck either side of a Gabriel header. 10 minutes of stoppage time was awarded at the end of the first-half after the lengthy delay.
- David Luiz admits he has a 'serious problem' after being forced off mid match
- Wolves' Raul Jimenez Is Sent Off Vs Manchester City After Being Shown Two Yellow Cards In 48 Seconds
- Andreas Pereira brought to tears by emotional video call with former Flamengo teammate David Luiz
- David Luiz Branded 'A Criminal' After Nasty Collision Resulted In Fractured Skill For Raul Jimenez