Jose Mourinho appeared to have a sly dig at Argentina goalkeeper Willy Caballero after the 1-1 draw with Iceland on Saturday but his blunt assessment of the Chelsea shotshopper looks to have been pretty accurate after the calamity he served up last night.
The Manchester United manager has been in Russia providing punditry for RT and when talking about Argentina's first game, said he would save the same as Caballero - this coming after the former Manchester City and Malaga man parried the ball into the path for Alfreð Finnbogason for Iceland's equaliser.
"One chance, one goal, Caballero in goal or myself would be the same because I would save the same as Caballero, there was not one single dangerous situation," was Mourinho's comment.
Of course, the self-confessed 'special one' has vast experience in goal, having turned out in the 'Game4Grenfell' charity game at Loftus Road back in September.
He replaced David James in the 63rd minute and was booked for time-wasting almost straight away, before producing all sorts of hilarity in between the sticks.
Jose mourinho in goal is the funniest thing I've ever seen:joy::joy::joy:
- con (@ConnorLester) September 2, 2017
What was the greatest tactical substitution?
RT:repeat: - Jose Mourinho for David James
Like:heart: - Tim Krul for Jasper Cillessen pic.twitter.com/tKFW8xzwXi
- Jåck⁹ :flag_ua: (@FullOnFirmino) September 2, 2017
Name a better goalkeeper than Jose Mourinho in world football, at 54 years of age. Oh wait. You cant.#Game4Grenfell pic.twitter.com/Geo9W1UeR1
- José (@MourinhoMindset) September 2, 2017
Despite failing to save all five penalties that he faced in the penalty shoot-out, the 55-year old surely couldn't have done any worse than Caballero last night out.
The 36-year old, capped just four times by his country, produced one of the worst errors in World Cup history when he gifted Croatia's opener in the dismal 3-0 defeat at the Nizhny Stadium.
Ante Rebic deserves huge kudos for his excellent volley but it was given to him on a plate by Caballero, who appeared to think he was playing a game of 'heads and vods' in the park.
Who could be the player to send #ARG home? #WorldCup pic.twitter.com/ZODhbISXww
- 101 Great Goals (@101greatgoals) June 21, 2018
Willy Caballero playing heads n vods with Croatia :joy::sob:
- Andy Castell (@AJ3) June 21, 2018
Willy Caballero, De Gea, and Karius need to form a support group
- Juan (@_socraticjuan) June 21, 2018
Who's a better a goalie - Caballero or Mourinho?
Sound off in the comments.
- Video of Jose Mourinho's Man United 'out-pepping' Pep's Man City goes viral
- Lionel Messi displays nerves of steel to score one of his best penalties ever, it was unstoppable
- Jose Mourinho's advice on how to manage Cristiano Ronaldo goes viral after Erik ten Hag banishes the striker
- Paul Pogba revealed a photograph sent by Jose Mourinho was the beginning of the end of their relationship