Son Heung-Min Will 'Self-Isolate' When He Returns From South Korea Due To Coronavirus Fears
Tottenham Hotspur's Son Heung-Min will 'self-isolate' for two weeks when he returns from South Korea due to the coronavirus threat.
Son returned to his homeland for surgery with a trusted doctor after breaking his elbow against Aston Villa earlier this month.
The 27-year-old traveled back to South Korea before travel restrictions were in place to combat the virus.
Spurs boss Jose Mourinho confirmed in his press conference on Friday that Son will be staying away from the club's Enfield training ground for a period of time.
"I think the normal advice comes from the authorities, comes from the government. I'm not going to make any comment, I'm nobody, I'm no specialist," he told reporters per Daily Mail.
"I just get the legal advice and what my club gets from authorities, and of course we follow everything. That's why I'm saying that Sonny when he's back from Seoul we will have to follow the protocols and we are not going to have him immediately here.
"Where he will be? I don't know how to be specific with that, I just know we have to follow some safety protocols."
However, Mourinho did offer some good news in relation to Son's on-field return.
"He's coming back to England very soon. Then of course he'll have to follow some safety protocols because he flies from Seoul," the 57-year-old explained per football.london.
"When his recovery starts, we'll try all the possibilities to have him back for some matches. I cannot imagine when
"But there's a good possibility that before the end of the season, we have Harry [Kane] and Sonny [Son Heung-min] playing together."
The coronavirus outbreak has caused chaos across the footballing world.
Italy has been hit hardest by the outbreak and postponed numerous Serie A fixtures last weekend.
This weekend will see five games played behind closed doors including a top of the table clash between Juventus and Inter Milan.
Inter played their Europa League tie with Ludegorets behind closed doors last night and boss Antonio Conte expressed his frustrations.
"Soccer needs the crowd, to hear the atmosphere around it. That's the best thing about the game, the atmosphere around the soccer being played," he said per Sky Sports.
"These decisions have been taken with public health in mind but I hope that everything returns to normal as soon as possible."
Featured Image Credit: PA