Portugal Manager Loses His Cool Over Constant Cristiano Ronaldo Questions
Portugal manager Fernando Santos lost his cool after being asked constant questions about Cristiano Ronaldo in a press conference.
Ronaldo has been subbed off by Juventus manager Maurizio Sarri in his last two games and many have speculated about his form.
Santos answered a question about the 34-year-old but when asked another he said 'I won't talk about Cristiano anymore.'
You can check out the clip below.
The first question is in reference to Sarri substituting Ronaldo twice in a week and the 65-year-old defended his captain.
Per Goal, he said:
"Everybody wants to talk about Cristiano Ronaldo, everybody wants to give their opinion on Cristiano Ronaldo.
"But if this thing (Sarri's substitutions) was with any other player, nobody would be talking about it.
"We are only talking about this because it's Cristiano Ronaldo.
"There are millions of players out there and it seems that this only happens to him and maybe another two or three players."
The Portugal boss went on to insist that Ronaldo will play for Portugal in their upcoming Euro 2020 qualifiers against Luxembourg.
"Cristiano is here, he was called up, he's fine, he'll play, I have no doubts about it so for me there's no issue here."
Juventus are currently top of Serie A and unbeaten under new boss Sarri but Ronaldo hasn't enjoyed his best season so far.
He's currently on five Serie A goals for the season which is nine off Lazio's Ciro Immobile in first place.
His goal tally puts him level with Marco Mancosu from Lecce and Andreas Cornelius at Parma among others.
His two substitutions within a week has also equaled the number of times he was withdrawn early in the whole of last season.
Cristiano Ronaldo was subbed off last night for the second game in a row while the score was still level :open_mouth:- Premier Sports :tv: (@PremierSportsTV) November 11, 2019
& His replacement Paulo Dybala scored the winner :soccer:
So far in 10 Serie A games this season:
:point_right: 57 shots (24 on target)
:point_right: 5 goals
:point_right: 1 assist pic.twitter.com/X3obep4Sg2
Sarri discussed Ronaldo's withdrawals after Juve's 1-0 victory over AC Milan on Sunday evening.
The Italian said Ronaldo was suffering from a knee problem and that he wasn't 'at his best' right now.
International teammate Ruben Neves is expecting Ronaldo to be his usual self when he takes to the field this week.
Per Fox Sport Asia, the Wolves midfielder said:
"He's fully prepared for the match. I guess he has no idea of what people are talking about.
"He had a fine training session, as I've already said, so I guess we can expect the Ronaldo we always see in the game tomorrow."
It would be typical Ronaldo to fire back and silence his critics in the coming games.