A video has been doing the rounds on Twitter which showed Ibrahimovic's actions in full, something which has invited a flood of criticism his way after the AC Milan star evaded punishment on the night.
But there is no bad blood from Azpilicueta, perhaps helped by the fact the Spain won the game to qualify for their 12th consecutive World Cup finals.
Sweden needed a win to claim top spot in Group B and secure automatic qualification for the World Cup, but Alvaro Morata's late winner ensured Spain booked their ticket to Qatar.
Todo bien por aquí:sweat_smile::thumbsup: https://t.co/Bga5l7epaP pic.twitter.com/XTxRD0MMHR
- César Azpilicueta (@CesarAzpi) November 15, 2021
Azpilicueta responded to the controversial incident on Twitter by saying, "Todo bien por aquí", which translates as, "Everything is good here," in English.
Confirmamos, está sano y salvo.
- Selección Española de Fútbol (@SeFutbol) November 15, 2021
The official Spain national team Twitter account joined in the fun and responded to the tweet by saying "Confirmamos, está sano y salvo", which means, "We confirm, you are safe and sound."
Ibrahimovic has yet to comment on the incident, but did aim a sly jibe towards Spain after inferring they were fortunate to win the game.
"We played a good game, a very good game. We made a mistake on the goal and they got a shot away and scored from the rebound," he said in quotes published by football.london.
"Otherwise, it was a good performance overall, we had good chances, better chances than Spain had."
Sweden find out who they will face in the play-offs when the draw is made on 26th November at 4pm GMT.
Janne Andersson's side enter the draw as one of the 10 World Cup qualification group runners-up, and will be joined by the best two UEFA Nations League group winners who did not finish in the top two of the World Cup qualification stage.
The final standings in all of the World Cup European qualification groups will be confirmed after the final round of fixtures are completed on Tuesday.
- Somehow, A 40-Year-Old Zlatan Ibrahimovic With One Working Knee Is Still In Remarkable Shape
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Goes Full Zlatan With Cigar And Champagne Entrance After AC Milan Title Win
- “Everything is good here” – No Hard Feelings From César Azpilicueta Towards Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Consoled Referee Marco Serra After His Shocking Mistake In AC Milan's Defeat To Spezia