To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders
Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications
An England fan who stormed the Euro 2020 final has explained how he did it in an alarming account.
Thousands of ticketless fans broke into Wembley Stadium to watch England vs. Italy last Sunday.
And one of the organisers of the storming of England's national stadium by supporters has defended the widely criticised breach.
Pablo (not his real name) was the admin of a group chat of hundreds of ticketless fans who shared tips about getting inside the ground.
He decided to go down this path after trying every day last week to get an official ticket.
The 24-year-old gave details of how he and around 300 fans entered through a disabled entrance.
He also claimed other fans bribed stewards to get in and estimated that at least 5,000 supporters entered without a ticket.
Speaking to the Guardian, he said: "I just thought my dad is 52 and he's never seen England in a final at Wembley.
"And it might never happen again in my lifetime. There were 30,000 spare seats and we didn't sit in anyone's seat."
In an audio message in another group chat, a fan shared his experience of bribing a steward to gain entry.
The steward told the ticketless fan who offered him cash: "Put the money in my pocket as I'm patting you down."
Pablo continued: "A lot of stewards seemed more than willing to help. We offered one £200 to let five of us in. At about quarter to seven we were waiting for the steward's mate to show up and that's when we saw a disabled door open so we just ran through.
"Every time a disabled entrance was opened there must have been 300 people who got in. And it seemed that every 10 minutes one got yanked open.
"And that doesn't count the people who bribed stewards or went behind someone in the turnstiles. I would be shocked if there was less than 5,000 got in without a ticket
"When we got in everyone was chanting 'jib, jib, jib' up the escalators. We found five empty seats. A family came and one of us was sat in their seat and they seemed a bit moody, but we just moved along one and no one else came."
On the videos circulating online of supporters attacking ticketless fans, Pablo added: "We didn't harm anyone. The people causing the trouble were the ones fighting ticketless fans."
Asked how Wembley could prevent future breaches, he replied: "If there were four of five police officers behind each disabled entrance, that would deter people. Stewards aren't enough to put you off. But Wembley probably won't be jibbed on that scale again unless we get the World Cup in 2030."
Featured Image Credit: PA/Twitter
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read