Hazard has been diagnosed with a muscle injury in his right psoas following his return to the first team.
The Belgium will miss his side's Champions League clash against Atalanta tomorrow with reports suggesting the 30-year-old could be sidelined for up to six weeks.
He did not train with the team on Monday sparking fears over a fresh injury.
The club then released a statement, confirming his injury.
Hazard medical report#RealMadrid
- Real Madrid C.F. :flag_gb::flag_us: (@realmadriden) March 15, 2021
"After the tests carried out today on our player Eden Hazard by the Real Madrid Medical Services, he has been diagnosed with a muscle injury in the right psoas. Pending evolution," the statement reads.
On Hazard, Zinedine Zidane told reporters at his pre-match press conference: "He won't be fit.
"They're things that I can't explain. I want to be positive and hope that it's not too much of a problem.
"Something's up, because he was never injured in his entire career (before joining Real) or there were very few injuries. It's something new. I can't really give any more of an explanation. We want to help him and hope he's back as soon as possible.
"We're going to try and figure out why it's happening (the club's injuries), but right now we can't explain it. We've spoken about things like the lack of pre-season, amount of games and the mental aspect."
The former Premier League star has endured a nightmare spell at Real after completing his dream move to Spain's top flight.
He has made just 25 La Liga appearances over the past two seasons due to a total of 11 injuries.
Featured Image Credit: PA/PA
- Fans think Eden Hazard is finished after Real Madrid training footage emerges
- Eden Hazard Completely Taken Out By Antonio Rudiger In Real Madrid Training, Couldn't Finish Session
- Eden Hazard Has Been Made Available For Transfer By Real Madrid, Carlo Ancelotti Will Allow Him To Leave
- Real Madrid tell Eden Hazard to find a new club after 'giving up' on winger