Benjamin Mendy had a bit of a different afternoon to what he experienced on the last matchday.
After getting four assists in his first two games, the Frenchman wasn't able to replicate his performance levels today as City had to settle for a point against Wolves.
And though he still provided attacking intent on that left flank, whipping in a couple of typically superb crosses into the box which should have been converted into goals, it was a bit of an embarrassing afternoon for the former Monaco man.
Not only did he have a tough time against Helder Costa and Adama Traore, the World Cup winner ended up getting mugged off by a Wolves ball boy when he went to collect the ball during the game.
Mendy trotted over to receive the ball for a throw-in, but the lad cheekily kicked the ball away from him and forced him to retrieve it a few yards down the touchline.
Plenty of viewers picked up on the incident on social media:
@benmendy23 has had a bad last 5, ball boy mugging him right off :joy: #sharkteam
- George Callard (@GeorgeCallard) August 25, 2018
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THAT BALL BOY TAKING THE PISS OUT OF MENDY
- ٓ (@MalikLFC19) August 25, 2018
Love that Wolves ball boy kicking the ball away from mendy :joy:
- jaketilleyyy (@jaketilleyyy) August 25, 2018
haha that ball boy just shutdown Mendy :joy::joy: #wolves #mcfc pic.twitter.com/MX6aNRXm5W
- Will Kitchen (@w11eum) August 25, 2018
Even more comical for the 24-year old was his hilarious attempt at a throw-in when both of his feet were on the pitch. Referee Martin Atkinson righly signalled for a foul throw-in.
Benjamin Mendy with the greatest throw in since that Iranian guy at the World Cup... pic.twitter.com/A6jAiHQDei
- Football Mumble (@football_mumble) August 25, 2018
We await his reaction on social media - that's if Pep Guardiola lets him on it...
- Man Utd prospect Shea Lacey scores 'goal of the season contender' vs Wolves, he's a special talent
- Benjamin Mendy found not guilty of six counts of rape and one count of sexual assault
- Erling Haaland scores hat-trick to reach 25 Premier League goals in 19 games
- Rio Ferdinand Got Incredibly Heated When Discussing Gabriel Martinelli's Sending Off vs Wolves