| Last updated
Barcelona have sacked Quique Setien and have already compiled a three-man shortlist for the managerial position, according to club president Josep Bartomeu.
Setien was appointed Barcelona manager in January after replacing Ernesto Valverde, who was also sacked by the club.
But Barcelona missed out on the La Liga title last season before a humiliating 8-2 defeat to Bayern Munich saw them crash out of the Champions League.
According to Fabrizio Romano, Bartomeu confirmed to Tiempo de Juego that Setien "has been sacked."
Spanish newspaper Mundo Deportivo reports that Koeman is the 'leading candidate' and the club are in 'advanced negotiations' ahead of his arrival.
The publication added that the Netherlands boss would be appointed on a two-year deal, although the second year would be at the 'expense of what the new president decides.'
Barcelona will hold their elections for a new club president in 2021, with Joan Laporta and Victor Font both announcing their intentions to stand.
Koeman, whose contract with the Netherlands expires in 2022, previously played for Barcelona and has been linked with the managerial post for some time.
Spanish football expert Guillem Balague told BBC 5 Live Euro Leagues podcast on Sunday that Barca's board would meet on Monday and Setien would be sacked.
"The board will meet tomorrow and [Setien] will be sacked," he said.
"They have to choose a manager because in two weeks' time pre-season starts -- and the talk is Koeman could be the man.
"He said no to an offer in January, but this is different. I think his health situation may have played a part.
"Discussions may be taking place, we may hear tomorrow, but he will need to separate from the national side, so there is still a wait for that to happen.
"He is a name who will, more or less, make everybody happy."
Featured Image Credit: PA
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read