Arturo Vidal Is Suing FC Barcelona For £2 Million
Barcelona midfielder Arturo Vidal is suing his club over unpaid bonus payments.
The Chilean international hasn't been too happy with his game-time at the Nou Camp this season and there were reports he left training early earlier this month when told he wasn't starting against Real Madrid in El Clasico.
But even more concerning is the story from the Spanish publication ABC, who say Vidal filed a lawsuit against Barca on December 5.
It's said that Vidal was entitled to a £3.5 million payment to go along with his basic salary - on the basis that he featured in more than 60% of Barcelona's games.
He did just that, playing 53 appearances as Ernesto Valverde's side won a second La Liga title in a row.
But he's only received £1.5 million of the money he is owed and as a result, Vidal's lawyers have contacted Barca to tell them about the legal dispute that he has now begun.
More Like ThisMore Like This
According to ESPN, Vidal's lawyers put forward a complaint to the Spanish FA - although Barcelona claim the arrangement was that Vidal would have to play 45 minutes per game to receive his bonus- adding that the contract details have been misinterpreted.
They also feel Vidal is doing this because he wants to force a move to Inter Milan.
Barcelona 'accuse Arturo Vidal of trying to force through move to Inter Milan after midfielder sued the club over claims they owe him £2million in unpaid bonuses.- LFC Views (@Mobyhaque1) December 28, 2019
Ah Barca knows nothing about asking potential targets to force through move right? Right?
"This is a unique case in history,' a Barcelona statement said, as per Mundo Deportivo.
"Someone pays you a debt, and it seems to you that the rules are not respected, then wait six months without politely warning that there may have been an error, and then request that within 24 hours you have to be paid a certain figure, only when the media publish news of interest from another team."
Inter have been strongly linked with Vidal, who would reunite with his former boss Antonio Conte in Italy. The talk is that Barca would be reluctant to let him leave and would demand at least €20 million to even consider.
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read