Shortly after City doubled their lead on the night, Di Maria received his marching orders for stamping on Fernandinho's foot.
Match referee Bjorn Kuipers brandished a straight red card to the former Manchester United winger with the Argentinean taking a brutal dig at the City captain before heading down the tunnel.
He did not wait to return to the dressing room to vent his anger.
Di Maria allegedly said: "Fernandinho, you are a son of a bitch," according to reports via L'Equipe.
After his red card, some PSG players lost their heads - recklessly lunging into tackles.
And following their Champions League elimination, Ander Herrera and Marco Verratti claimed Kuipers told them to "f**k off" in a bold accusation.
Herrera said: "We were the better side for 70 minutes. We tried it all. We attacked, we tried to attack
"We are going to leave here with our heads held high.
"The referee tonight said f**k off to Leandro Paredes. If we say that we get a 3 or 4 match ban."
:speaking_head:️ "The referee tonight said f**k off to Leandro Paredes. If we say that we get a 3 or 4 match ban."
Ander Herrera spoke immediately after PSG's Champions League elimination and did NOT hold back. :angry:https://t.co/mwf08RFJc1
- SPORTbible (@sportbible) May 4, 2021
Verratti added: "The referee also told me 'f**k you' twice.
"For them it's normal, if you say that it's ten matches [ban]. I talk a lot to the referee but I don't say that."
Mauricio Pochettino will be hoping his charges regroup ahead of a crucial run in Ligue 1.
His side currently trail leaders Lille by one point with just three games remaining.
Featured Image Credit: Champions League
- Angel Di Maria says Louis van Gaal was 'the worst manager of my career', they meet tomorrow
- Footage resurfaces of Kylian Mbappe refusing to let Angel di Maria take a penalty for a hat-trick
- Angel Di Maria's wife opens up on their Man United nightmare, she admits he only joined for money
- Juventus Set To Continue Trend Of Blockbuster Free Transfers By Landing Huge Player This Summer