Adrien Rabiot scored a spectacular goal of the season contender for Juventus against AC Milan on Tuesday.
After a goalless first half, Rabiot opened the scoring during their Serie A encounter against AC Milan with a remarkable solo effort.
The midfielder won the ball in his own half, shrugged off an opposition player before skipping past another.
He then made a darting run into AC Milan's area with pace and purpose before smashing home a stinging left-footed strike past Gianluigi Donnarumma.
An OUTSTANDING individual effort by Adrien Rabiot! :raised_hands:
Wins the ball in his own half, powers on with his run, and drills it home from outside the box :boom: pic.twitter.com/0AiOLmf9fV
- Premier Sports :tv: (@PremierSportsTV) July 7, 2020
What a way to bring up your first goal for Juventus.
Needless to say, the Frenchman's brilliant goal sent social media wild.
"This is the #Rabiot we want to see! What a run and goal!" One Twitter user wrote.
A second tweeted: "You know it's a good goal as Ronaldo is celebrating."
A third added: "What a run. What a finish. What a goal."
Rabiot's first goal for Juve is spectacular. Wow
- Michael Gallo (@Galloots) July 7, 2020
Rabiot goal can go hand in hand with that Mandzukic CL final goal, on the "screamers that got wasted" list.
- Max_Juventino (@MaksJuventino) July 7, 2020
Rabiot won the ball from midfield and made the run to score the goal. A solo goal. But Ronaldo fans said Ronaldo assisted with body movement:sob::sob::sob:
How low can a whole fanbase go?
- Odiko Victor (@SireJooz) July 7, 2020
Unfortunately for Rabiot and Juventus, his goal was ultimately in vain as AC Milan claimed victory after coming from two-down to win 4-2 at the San Siro.
Juventus, meanwhile, remain at the top of the league, seven points clear of nearest rivals Lazio who failed to gain ground on the league leaders after losing 2-1 at Lecce.
- Man United 'working on deal' to sign Adrien Rabiot from Juventus
- Fan caught moment Adrien Rabiot gave the perfect reaction to Neymar and Kylian Mbappe link-up for PSG goal vs Juventus
- Man Utd could capitalise on Juventus crisis with transfer target set for contract talks
- Adrien Rabiot played for Manchester City as a teenager but deal was terminated after six months