To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders
Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications
| Last updated
Jake Paul has shortened his deadline for a cross-over fight with UFC star Conor McGregor.
The Problem Child has been lobbying for a boxing bout with the Irish sensation ever since he knocked out NBA star Nate Robinson.
He called out McGregor in a viral video and has regularly trolled him as his stock has continued to rise in boxing, where he now has wins over former UFC fighter's Ben Askren and Tyron Woodley.
Next up is rival Tommy Fury, brother of Tyson, on December 18 at the Amalie Arena. The end goal for Paul has always been against McGregor, who fought Floyd Mayweather in a money-spinning boxing bout in August 2017.
He initially had a target of four years but now reckons it could happen in half that time due to his swift rise.
"I will fight everybody," Paul said in an interview with Bleacher Report.
"this started with me calling out McGregor.
"And people were like 'this kids crazy, Conor will kill him'. But now this fight could happen within the next 24 months one hundred percent.
"I will beat him, people are seeing how serious I am being about this and are changing the way they think about it."
The YouTuber-turned-boxer has his fair share of critics in the boxing community, yet believes he has the backing of many of the big names in the sport.
"I'm the best thing that's happened to boxing in a century, period," the 24-year-old added.
"The legends would agree. The Anthony Joshuas, the Mike Tysons, the Manny Pacquiaos, the Tyson Furys. They've all said what I'm doing for boxing is a breath of fresh air.
"I think that debate started about a year ago - is Jake Paul good for boxing? I have silenced that, and I don't think there's anybody on the other side of the equation who thinks I'm bad for boxing.
"I have a foundation where we give boxing gloves to as many kids as possible. We're going around, renovating boxing gyms, getting the young kids inspired to box.
"I think this sport needed that revival."
In September, McGregor said, "I don't really care" when asked for his thoughts on Paul's win over Woodley - though he did praise "The YouTube kid' earlier this year, stating he did "good business" and adding, "I'm certainly a viewer."
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read