To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders
Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications
| Last updated
How would Premier League managers fare if they were on The Chase? To our knowledge, none of the current coaches in the English top flight have appeared on the teatime ITV quiz show.
But that's all good because a fan on Twitter has used his imagination to put together a sensational Twitter thread on how they would get on.
Twitter user @ZG1999_ produced absolute gold and saw his masterpiece go viral as a result. He looked at 14 different managers in total and the level of detail he went into was simply incredible.
How PL managers would do on The Chase, a short thread: pic.twitter.com/qgL8R1rDvp— Zak ⭐️⭐️ (@ZG1999_) November 1, 2021
Pep Guardiola:— Zak ⭐️⭐️ (@ZG1999_) November 1, 2021
- Eases through the cashbuilder
- Middle offer, no questions wrong
- Tells the team to take the higher offer as they they are “so so good”
- Overthinks the final chase and is caught with 42 seconds remaining, no pushbacks executed pic.twitter.com/XMHeK1jWjE
Daniel Farke:— Zak ⭐️⭐️ (@ZG1999_) November 1, 2021
- £0 cash builder
- Stays in the middle
- Caught getting all the questions wrong
- A complete waste of time pic.twitter.com/dDfIUHVIme
Jurgen Klopp— Zak ⭐️⭐️ (@ZG1999_) November 1, 2021
- Banters the Chaser before it’s his turn
- Modest cash builder of £4,000
- Middle offer, keeps it simple
- Ends up pissing himself laughing with Bradley Walsh over a Fanny Chmelar style question
- Punches the air at every pushback at the Final Chase pic.twitter.com/VKQM8bVbBG
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer— Zak ⭐️⭐️ (@ZG1999_) November 1, 2021
- Takes the minus offer of -£3,000 as “it’s a team effort eh!”
- “Well we’re gonna need some pushbacks” as the team manages just 9 steps in the final chase
- Always smiling, even after being caught pic.twitter.com/aBiacML37q
Graham Potter— Zak ⭐️⭐️ (@ZG1999_) November 1, 2021
- The mysterious one in seat 3, who’s only nodded encouragingly so far
- Superb cash-builder of £12,000
- Middle offer as “it’s £12,000 more than I came in with”
- Very quiet in the Final Chase, but ends up pushing back the Chaser six times pic.twitter.com/01xsqgYejY
David Moyes— Zak ⭐️⭐️ (@ZG1999_) November 1, 2021
- The typical “A just want ye back here to beat him” Scot they get on there
- Fair cash builder, and a fairly routine chase of £6,000
- Cracks a joke at the Governess’ expense, and falls flat
- Wins a respectable share of the £15,000 overall pic.twitter.com/1d10wnqzOp
Dean Smith— Zak ⭐️⭐️ (@ZG1999_) November 1, 2021
- Bemuses the team by taking the lower offer of £200, defending it by saying “there’s a lot you can do with £200”
- “it’s a complete guess Brad” on every single question
- Caught one from home, after a bright start, in getting 4 wrong on the bounce pic.twitter.com/W5BqNbk6RG
Thomas Tuchel— Zak ⭐️⭐️ (@ZG1999_) November 1, 2021
- Seat 4, no one back, nothing to lose
- Weirdly similar to a previous contestant, punching the air and cracking jokes
- Takes the £66,000 higher offer because of the double six
- Wins the Final Chase on just 12 steps ‘unfashionably’ built on pop questions pic.twitter.com/poVhqTKmSu
Brendan Rodgers— Zak ⭐️⭐️ (@ZG1999_) November 1, 2021
- The money is for the wife, and “maybe a games room”
- Flawless cash builder, £8,000 middle offer safely through
- Storms the first minute of the Final Chase with 16 correct answers, then gets just 1 right in the second minute
- Caught with 29 seconds left pic.twitter.com/2wwDRZaQPu
Sean Dyche— Zak ⭐️⭐️ (@ZG1999_) November 1, 2021
- The man’s man of the team, The Bloke.
- Explains (wrongly) the answers, gets them right anyway
- Pelters and daggers to anyone who takes the lower offer, especially the minus
- Shakes head furiously as the Chaser powers through 12 questions in a matter of seconds pic.twitter.com/NwvRHwcTop
Thomas Frank— Zak ⭐️⭐️ (@ZG1999_) November 1, 2021
- Withering put downs on the Chasers’ weight
- Cash builder of £14,000, a new record
- The yearly contestant that the viewers think should be a Chaser
- Loses the Final Chase by 1 second, claiming if he had the Chaser’s set, he would’ve gotten 30 steps pic.twitter.com/2hfQlKdGLX
Ralph Hassenhuttl— Zak ⭐️⭐️ (@ZG1999_) November 1, 2021
- Middle offer, £5,000, no questions asked
- Done twice by the five second time pressure
- Gets the Bradley “it’s gotta be isn’t it?” questions wrong pic.twitter.com/1NkleCEQA1
And some of the points made are unbelievably accurate. The thread starts Pep Guardiola telling his team they are "so, so good" but ultimately overthinking and getting caught.
Then we have Daniel Farke of Norwich having an absolute stinker, Jurgen Klopp providing banter and fist pumps aplenty as well as giggling hysterically with host Bradley Walsh and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer smiling even in defeat.
The sentence about Graham Potter taking the middle offer as “it’s £12,000 more than I came in with” is an absolute gem.
Aston Villa boss Dean Smith uttering “it’s a complete guess Brad" for every question feels like something that would definitely happen, while we could absolutely see Thomas Tuchel winning the 'Final Chase' on just 12 steps thanks to his pop questions knowledge.
Just reading the thread makes us really want a Premier League celebrity special of The Chase.
The Scotsman was doing well until the £64,000 question came around.
In the end Ferguson and Holmes had to settle for £32,000 but appeared on the show again in 2013, this time raising £50,000 for the Manchester United foundation.
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read