On Tuesday, following their Champions League quarter final first leg loss against Real, the three Liverpool players were subject to racism on social media.
Sky report that Facebook, who own Instagram, will be investigating the issue, something they've had to do quite a lot recently.
In a statement on their website, Liverpool FC said, "Once again we are sadly discussing abhorrent racial abuse the morning after a football game. It is utterly unacceptable and it has to stop.
"LFC condemns all forms of discrimination and we continue to work with our inclusion partners through our Red Together initiative to campaign against it.
It is utterly unacceptable. It has to stop. pic.twitter.com/ij8qykJjqU- Liverpool FC (@LFC) April 7, 2021
"As a club, we will offer our players any and all support that they may require. We will also work with the relevant authorities to identify and, if possible, prosecute those responsible.
"We know that this will not be enough until the strongest possible preventative measures are taken by social media platforms and the regulatory bodies which govern them.
"The current situation cannot be allowed to continue and it is incumbent on all of us to ensure that it does not."
Abuse on social media towards black players has increased in recent months, or at least the reporting of it has, leading some to question if taking the knee is having any sort of effect.
That has led former Arsenal striker Thierry Henry to come off social media, with the Frenchman explaining his decision on a post last week, "From tomorrow morning I will be removing myself from social media until the people in power are able to regulate their platforms with the same vigour and ferocity that they currently do when you infringe copyright," the former Monaco manager said.
"The sheer volume of racism, bullying and resulting mental torture to individuals is too toxic to ignore. There HAS to be some accountability.
"It is far too easy to create an account, use it to bully and harass without consequence and still remain anonymous.
"Until this changes, I will be disabling my accounts across all social platforms. I'm hoping this happens soon."
The Valencia players have walked off the pitch at the Carranza- Premier Sports :tv: (@PremierSportsTV) April 4, 2021
Mouctar Diakhaby was visibly angry after an altercation with Cadiz's Juan Cala, and ultimately left the pitch with his teammates following behind him pic.twitter.com/3XKvm5Y9dc
Racist incidents on the pitch have also been in the news recently, with Valencia players leaving the pitch after Juan Cala was accused of racially abusing Mouctar Diakhaby at the weekend.
That followed an incident in the Europa League a few weeks ago, when Rangers' Glen Kamara accused an opponent of racism.
Something certainly needs to be done.
Featured Image Credit: PA
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read