The Top 10 Highest Paid Under-21 Players In Europe Revealed
By Mike Parrott
The top 10 list of the highest Under-21 players has been revealed with quite a few surprising additions while some others were expected. Englishmen Callum Hudson-Odoi and Jadon Sancho make the list.
With the transfer window for Europe hopefully opening in the next two months, the top young players in Europe will surely be linked with many of the best clubs.
However, this list shows how much it might cost to pay said youngsters with the top 10 of the highest paid players under the age of 21 in Europe.
10. Erling Haaland - Dortmund - £100,000 per week
9. Vinicius Junior - Real Madrid - £120,000 per week
8. Rodrygo Goes - Real Madrid - £130,000 per week
7. Callum Hudson-Odoi - Chelsea - £180,000 per week
6. Jadon Sancho - Borussia Dortmund - £190,000 per week
The evolution of Jadon Sancho :chart_with_upwards_trend:
:video_camera: GAT analysis pic.twitter.com/lzvAVTuyZV
- Bundesliga English (@Bundesliga_EN) May 23, 2020
More Like ThisMore Like This
5. Gianluigi Donnarumma - AC Milan - £195,000 per week
4. Christian Pulisic - Chelsea - £230,000 per week
3. Matthijs De Ligt - Juventus - £245,000 per week
2. Joao Felix - Atletico Madrid - £255,000 per week
1. Kylian Mbappe - Paris Saint-Germain - £325,000 per week
Kylian Mbappe in 2009 & 2018. Dreams do come true:flag_fr: pic.twitter.com/ZCjGTVRZxU
- FootballFunnys (@FootballFunnnys) June 16, 2020
Kylian Mbappe unsurprisingly takes the number one spot, with him arguably being the best talent in the world only behind the usual suspects of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi.
Jadon Sancho sees himself as number six on the list, however, he might see himself rising up the list after this Summer, with Sancho supposedly ready to join Manchester United.
The most surprising addition is surely Christian Pulisic. The Croatian-American winger has only scored six times for Chelsea, and with Chelsea looking to sign Kai Havertz, as well as bringing in Timo Werner and Hakim Ziyech, Chelsea might be spending very big money on a bench player.