Edinson Cavani And His New Manchester United Teammates Named Worst Signings Of The Summer
| Last updated
Manchester United duo Edinson Cavani and Donny van de Beek have been named the worst signings of the summer by football agents.
United made five signings in the summer transfer window with Cavani arriving on a free during deadline day.
The 33-year-old left Paris Saint-Germain earlier this year and while he is raring to go at Old Trafford, some aren't convinced.
The Athletic used a sample size of 18 agents and the Uruguayan ended up topping their list because he was a "panic buy" with one explaining: "It's just, 'How the f**k do we sell some shirts in a part of the world?'"
Very proud to be part of this great team and looking forward to wear this beautiful shirt.- Edi Cavani Official (@ECavaniOfficial) October 7, 2020
Muy contento por formar parte de este gran equipo y ansioso de vestir esta hermosa camiseta.#MUFC :heart::red_circle: @ManUtd pic.twitter.com/jnHZaE21eV
Meanwhile, van de Beek has looked promising in his first few games since arriving from Ajax for £40 million.
But another agent quipped: "I don't understand van de Beek. He's a good player but not what United needed."
Check out the entire list below, along with how much each player cost.
13. Wolves selling Matt Doherty to Tottenham Hotspur (£14.7 million)
12. Carlos Vinicius to Tottenham Hotspur (Loan)
11. Fabio Silva to Wolves (£35 million)
10. Nelson Semedo to Wolves (£27 million)
9. Callum Robinson to West Brom (Swap for Oliver Burke)
8. Thomas Partey to Arsenal (£45 million)
7. Wesley Fofana to Leicester City (£36 million)
6. Kai Havertz to Chelsea (£71 million)
5. Grady Diangana to West Brom (£12 million)
4. Amad Diallo to Manchester United (£30 million)
3. Nathan Ake to Manchester City (£40 million)
2. Donny van de Beek to Manchester United (£40 million)
1. Edinson Cavani to Manchester United (Free)
Despite the concern about Cavani's appetite to succeed in England, the man himself told ManUtd.com he is feeling "motivated" ahead of a potential debut later this month.
"I feel very motivated and I'm really keen to get started training with my teammates. But the best thing about it is that the club have shown their confidence in me by wanting to bring me in.
"I was really keen to come here. I'm very motivated by the idea of joining this great club and so, well, here we are today."
Who do you think has been the Premier League's worst signing?
Let us know in the comments below.