Thiago Alcantara Already Top-10 Favourite To Win 2020/21 Player Of The Year
By Mike Parrott
Liverpool signing Thiago Alcantara has already become a top-10 favourite to win the 2020/21 PFA Player of the Year. The Spanish midfielder joined the Merseyside team from Bayern Munich for a fee of around £30 million.
Liverpool seemed to have found the location of their bank with the Reds seeming to have signed Diogo Jota from Wolves, as well as signing Thiago Alcantara from Bayern Munich.
With Liverpool expected to have another strong season in the Premier League, a large majority of their players are predicted to battle it out for the 2020/21 PFA Player of the Year award.
Thiago has made the top-10 shortlist it seems in regards to the bookies, coming in at sixth-favourite to win the prestigious individual award.
The top-10 are as follows:
10. Christian Pulisic - Chelsea
9. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - Arsenal
8. Virgil Van Dijk - Liverpool
7. Trent Alexander-Arnold - Liverpool
6. Thiago Alcantara - Liverpool
More Like ThisMore Like This
5. Sadio Mane - Liverpool
On his actual debutpic.twitter.com/76LREcLTyV
- The Anfield Wrap (@TheAnfieldWrap) September 11, 2020
4. Mohamed Salah - Liverpool
3. Raheem Sterling - Manchester City
2. Bruno Fernandes - Manchester United
1. Kevin De Bruyne - Manchester City
The reigning champion of said award comes out favourite according to SkyBet with De Bruyne coming out as a 4/1 favourite.
However, as we've seen over the past three seasons, the winner of the Premier League doesn't equate the winner of the PFA player of the Year.
Kevin De Bruyne is the 2019/20 PFA Players' Player of the Year :star2: pic.twitter.com/ZGjjIwBevU
- B/R Football (@brfootball) September 8, 2020
What do you think of Thiago being deemed a favourite to win the PFA Player of the Year for the 2020/21 season?
Let us know in the comments below.
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read