A List Of Players Out Of Contract In 2021 Is Full Of Huge Names
Lionel Messi is the biggest player in world football to be out of contract in summer 2021, but a whole host of talent could be up for grabs.
The six-time Ballon d'Or winner attempted to leave Barcelona last summer but was forced to stay due to a €700 million release clause.
But he can walk for free next summer and while that's the main focus right now, lots of other world class players are in the final year of their deal.
While some of them such as Sergio Ramos and Sergio Aguero will likely re-sign with Real Madrid and Manchester City, a few others have uncertain futures.
Check out the entire list per Transfermarkt below.
25. Nicolás De La Cruz (River Plate) Value: £10.8 million
24. Josh King (Bournemouth) Value: 11.7m
23. Fabian Schar (Newcastle United) Value: £11.7m
22. Elseid Hysaj (Napoli) Value: £12.6m
21. Jesse Lingard (Manchester United) Value: £12.6m
20. Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid) Value: £12.6m
19. Juan Bernat (Paris Saint-Germain) Value: £14.4m
18. Otavio (Porto) Value: £16.2m
17. Nikola Maksimovic (Napoli) Value: £16.2m
16. Eric Garcia (Manchester City) Value: £18m
15. Moussa Marega (Porto) Value: £18m
More Like ThisMore Like This
14. Henrikh Mkhitaryan (Roma) Value: £18m
13. Marten de Roon (Atalanta) Value: £20.7m
12. Julian Draxler (Paris Saint-Germain) Value: £21.6m
11. Riqui Puig (Barcelona) Value: £22.5m
10. Arkadiusz Milik (Napoli) Value: £24.3m
9. Hakan Calhanoglu (AC Milan) Value: £27m
8. Florian Thauvin (Marseille) Value: £28.8m
7. Angel Di Maria (Paris Saint-Germain) Value: £28.8m
6. Georginio Wijnaldum (Liverpool) Value: £36m
5. Sergio Aguero (Manchester City) Value: £37.8m
4. Memphis Depay (Lyon) Value: £40.5m
3. Gianluigi Donnarumma (AC Milan) Value: £54m
2. David Alaba (Bayern Munich) Value: £58.5m
1. Lionel Messi (Barcelona) Value: £90m
Lionel Messi still has #ManCity as an interesting option. His father is in touch with Ferran Soriano and Txiki Bergiristain preparing a possible move. But with Josep Bartolomeu gone, it remains a mystery if Messi will choose to stay or not.- Man City Xtra (@City_Xtra) October 29, 2020
[@elconfidencial via @Sport_Witness]
Per The Telegraph, Messi will be free to discuss a move and Pep Guardiola's side thing negotiations will be possible.
City's chief operating officer Omar Berrada recently explained: "I think any club in the world would like to explore the possibility of him [Messi] joining their team.
"He's probably an exception to potential investments that we'd do."
Featured Image Credit: PA Images
Topics: Manchester City, Sergio Ramos, Sergio Aguero, Manchester United, David Alaba, Barcelona, Serie A, Ligue 1, Memphis Depay, Lionel Messi, Premier League, Lyon, Bayern Munich, Jesse Lingard, Real Madrid, La Liga, Bundesliga
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read