The Current Ballon d'Or 'Power Rankings' Have Been Revealed With A Shock Number One
Bayern Munich striker Lewandowski recently finished the Bundesliga season having notched an astonishing 34 goals in 31 games.
As a result, Goal have placed him top of their current Ballon d'Or rankings and favourite to scoop up the award in December.
Ronaldo and Messi meanwhile are in the top five, with Kevin De Bruyne and Thomas Muller also featuring.
Check out the entire top 20 below.
20. Ciro Immobile (Lazio & Italy)
19. Josip Ilicic (Atalanta & Slovenia)
18. Timo Werner (RB Leipzig & Germany)
17. Alphonso Davies (Bayern Munich & Canada)
16. Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool & England)
15. Serge Gnabry (Bayern Munich & Germany)
14. Bruno Fernandes (Manchester United & Portugal)
13. Sadio Mane (Liverpool & Senegal)
12. Jordan Henderson (Liverpool & England)
11. Kai Havertz (Bayer Leverkusen & Germany)
10. Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund & England)
9. Kylian Mbappe (Paris Saint-Germain & France)
8. Erling Haaland (Borussia Dortmund & Norway)
7. Neymar (Paris Saint-Germain & Brazil)
6. Karim Benzema (Real Madrid & France)
5. Thomas Muller (Bayern Munich & Germany)
4. Lionel Messi (Barcelona & Argentina)
3. Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City & Belgium)
2. Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus & Portugal)
1. Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich & Poland)
Ronaldo and Messi have both restarted the season in fine but unspectacular form by their standards.
Juventus attacker Ronaldo endured a miserable return to football in the Coppa Italia as Juventus fell to defeat in the final against Napoli, but has found his form in Serie A.
Meanwhile, Messi's Barcelona have let their lead at the top of La Liga slip and drew 2-2 with Celta Vigo on Saturday.
Just outside the top five are Karim Benzema and Erling Haaland who returned to football following the break in scintillating form.
Benzema is currently leading the Real Madrid attack as 'Los Blancos' look to win a first La Liga title since 2017.
Karim Benzema with a sensational 10th Assist of the season, carrying the scoring and assuring responsibilities on his F1 while Casemiro with IMMENSE finish!! pic.twitter.com/9Sse65AC37- Ashish Romea (@RMadridEngineer) June 28, 2020
Two full-backs also make the list in the form of Trent Alexander-Arnold and Alphonso Davies.
Both youngsters have won their domestic leagues with Liverpool and Bayern respectively in recent weeks and rank 16th and 17th.
Davies has impressed as a makeshift defender year with his breathtaking pace a standout skill.
Meanwhile, Alexander-Arnold scored the opening goal in Liverpool's most recent game, bending in a lovely free-kick as his side demolished Crystal Palace 4-0.
Who do you think will win the Ballon d'Or this year?
Let us know in the comments below.
Featured Image Credit: PA Images & Footy Renders
Topics: Bruno Fernandes, Football News, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Football, Robert Lewandowski, Ciro Immobile, Alphonso Davies, Lionel Messi, Ballon d'Or, Kevin de Bruyne, Jadon Sancho, Serge Gnabry, Sadio Mane, Cristiano Ronaldo