Bukayo Saka, Jadon Sancho and Marcus Rashford showed no fear when asked to take a penalty during the final of Euro 2020.
The trio all missed their spot-kicks on Sunday evening as Italy ran out 3-2 winners over England on penalties.
Many have criticised Gareth Southgate's decision to have them take penalties, being aged 19, 21 and 23 respectively.
But new footage has emerged of Southgate approaching each man and they were all incredibly confident.
This clip England have just released of Southgate asking sancho, rashford and saka to take the pens. Not an ounce of fear to be seen. Respect pic.twitter.com/gL1rHjpt6i
- Spencer Morgan (@spencermorgan93) July 16, 2021
Jack Grealish can also be seen hovering around and he was not chosen to take a penalty at Wembley.
Fans have reacted to the footage and they've thrown their support behind Saka, Sancho and Rashford.
Absolutely super this. Look at the confidence. https://t.co/1wjHHYFiw2
- Prateek Agarwal (@prateek_gary) July 16, 2021
Fantastic clip,They stood up for this country under the most immense pressure, fair play to all 3 https://t.co/ivsf0w2GuM
- Adam (@AdamFFC) July 16, 2021
Glad this out there for the people blaming Southgate he's proved asking them and all agreeing to take them https://t.co/kCILyzBZOT
- Mikey Black (@MikeyDfc93) July 16, 2021
Lions! Can also see how bad grealish wanted a peno https://t.co/koXbUinJmT
- WALBY (@jackwalby) July 16, 2021
The aftermath of Sunday's final has seen all three players racially abused on social media in disgusting scenes.
Southgate spoke following the game and said it was his decision regarding who took the penalties.
He explained per Daily Star: "We prepared as well as we could for the (penalty shootout), that's my responsibility, I chose the guys to take the kicks.
"In the end, we weren't quite able to see the game through in the normal regulation time.
He's been there and he's done it. Gareth Southgate knows what Saka, Rashford and Sancho will be going through and knows how important support and reassurance is in those dark times. England are in good hands with him in charge :flag_black: #Euro2020Final pic.twitter.com/qHpikCa18e- Nile High (@GoTheExtraNile) July 11, 2021
"That's my decision to give him [Saka] that penalty, that's totally my responsibility.
"It's not him or Marcus or Jadon, we work together, we work through them in training, that's the order we came to. That's my call as a coach."
Featured Image Credit: Spencer Morgan/Twitter
- Gareth Southgate Admits Racism Fears Makes It More Difficult To Choose England Penalty Takers
- France fan asked which World Cup star he'd want from ANY team, he picks Rashford and explains why
- "Their plans" - Romano reveals Man Utd to make improved offer to "elite" striker
- Footage shows lone England fan in Cardiff went mental celebrating goal vs Wales, it was very brave