'Get Out Of My Club' - Liverpool Fans Furious With One Player After Champions League Comments
Liverpool fans are furious with goalkeeper Adrian after his comments about the club's exit from the Champions League.
One huge incident involved Adrian making a mistake to allow Marcos Llorente to put his side ahead on away goals.
On the other side of the pitch, Jan Oblak pulled off a string of remarkable saves - with Adrian praising his performance.
Speaking to DAZN per Goal, the 33-year-old said: "The man of the match was definitely Oblak and, in the end, Atletico played their game, they beat us in both games and they should have progressed because they deserved it."
Reds fans aren't happy with Adrian's comments and have reacted on social media, while bringing up his costly mistake in the match.
I was actually tryna Forgive this clown for the heartache he caused me that night, and then he says this? Get tf outta lfc! At least Karius owned up.
- :eye:️ M ADaM (@adamEyeAm) May 23, 2020
Get out of my club
- Torres January (@TorresJanuary4) May 23, 2020
Only reason they beat us was because of a goalkeeper and it wasn't Oblak
- John O Sullivan (@Corballyred) May 23, 2020
It was because of you that they were through to the next round. They didn't deserve anything from both legs
- LFCRed (@red_lfc) May 23, 2020
This game was about 2 keepers ie
Oblak helped his team win this game
Adrian helped his team lose this game
- [email protected] (@nomad56060053) May 23, 2020
He could've said a million things better than this. Why would he even say that :sweat_smile:
- LFCRobbo (@WorldRobbo) May 23, 2020
It's the polar opposite to the reception Adrian was receiving at the start of his Anfield career.
He made his debut in the opening game of the season against Norwich City, replacing an injured Alisson Becker.
What followed was a run in the first team and it's something he didn't expect.
"It didn't give me time to think. When Alisson sat on the floor and the doctor gestured to make the change because he couldn't carry on, I got up quickly.
"I didn't have time to warm up or anything. It was the first game, and to go out that way and for Anfield to receive me like this, everyone getting up in the seats applauding me, after having lost one of the best players of last season, it gave me full confidence.
"From there my beautiful story began here at Liverpool."
Featured Image Credit: PA Images
- Liverpool Fans Scammed Out Of £19,000 For Champions League Final Tickets
- Liverpool Cancel Champions League Final Tickets After Fans Tried To Resell Online
- Champions League Club 'Waiting For Newcastle' To Put In Bid For 'Outstanding' Player
- 'Lies reminded us of Hillsborough' - Liverpool Fans Speak Out On Champions League Final Chaos