Advert

Latest

5 hours ago
Advert
6 hours ago
Advert

Most Popular

2 days ago
Advert

Jeff Stelling Confirms He Could Quit Soccer Saturday After Sky Sackings

Jeff Stelling Confirms He Could Quit Soccer Saturday After Sky Sackings

Jeff Stelling has confirmed he is considering leaving Soccer Saturday after Sky Sports sacked close friends Matt Le Tissier, Charlie Nicholas and Phil Thompson.

It was revealed earlier this week that Sky had sacked the trio of pundits with less than one year left on their contracts.

Stelling, who has presented the show for 25 years, took to Twitter to address fans and he did not commit his long term future to the show.

Advert

He begun: "Thanks for all the messages of support - and even for most of those who have a different view, as I believe in free speech.

"So far no discussions have taken place, no decisions made.

"Only I know what I am thinking but it is important to listen to all arguments. Thanks again."

Advert

Stelling also told fans on Thursday that if they think he is "complicit" about the sackings, then they have "no idea" about him.

More Like ThisMore Like This

1 of 6
Football

Jeff Stelling And The Boys Are Back On Gillette Soccer Saturday

The 65-year-old was said to be "stunned" and "disillusioned" with the decision to sack his three pals.

Having developed a special kind of rapport with Le Tissier, Thompson and Nicholas, the Daily Mail claim Stelling is weighing up whether he could replicate that with any new pundits.

Advert
Jeff Stelling Considering Quitting Sky Sports After Soccer Saturday Sackings
Football

Jeff Stelling Considering Quitting Sky Sports After Soccer Saturday Sackings

published at2 months ago

Sky explained the shock sackings are an attempt to "change" their football coverage.

"We are changing some parts of our football coverage," a statement begun.

Image Credit: PA
Image Credit: PA

"Matt, Charlie and Phil have done a great job for us over the years, and they will leave us with our sincere thanks and very best wishes."

Advert

Names mooted to join Sky Sports' hit show include former Manchester City star Micah Richards and England women's international Alex Scott.

Former Chelsea and West Ham defender, Scott Minto, who fronted coverage of the EFL, La Liga and Carabao Cup, has also been axed after 13 years with the company.

What do you think of Sky Sports shaking up their punditry lineup?

Let us know in the comments below.

Featured Image Credit: Sky Sports

Topics: Football News, Football, Soccer Saturday, Jeff Stelling

Chosen for YouChosen for You

MMA Nutritionist Claims He Spotted 'Something Very Disturbing' During Khabib Nurmagomedov's Weigh In
published at4 hours ago

Most Read StoriesMost Read

Football

Nemanja Vidic Was Voted The Greatest Premier League Centre Back Ever

published at2 days ago
Shocked MMA Fans Raise Concerns Over Khabib Nurmagomedov’s Physique After UFC 254 Weigh-In

Daniel Marland

Daniel is a freelance journalist for SPORTbible and covers a variety of sports. He also has past experience of working at Manchester United and once locked eyes with Jose Mourinho. He lived to tell the tale.