Fati made his first appearance for the Blaugrana since November over the weekend and scored on his return.
The 18-year-old netted Barca's third in injury time to seal victory over Levante and following the game, he spoke about his ordeal.
Supporters think his voice was all too familiar however and compared it to Messi's. Listen to the two clips below to judge for yourself.
Close your eyes and listen to this interview, you'll know who he sounds like https://t.co/Aardedi3dB
- Madrid Fan (@cristiano_peak) September 26, 2021
Both players moved to Spain as children and it's only natural they picked up an accent in their early careers.
Still, Fati sounding exactly like the six-time Ballon d'Or winner just months after his departure is quite strange.
It's something supporters on social media have caught on to and they've joked Messi 'couldn't leave Barcelona' so took over Fati.
Why does he sound like Messi? https://t.co/YFwiZ9yyqW
- The Good Guy:wink: (@Scruff_Balz1) September 27, 2021
I swear Messi has possessed his body https://t.co/3v9jvEmTru
- Jack (@Jackideology) September 27, 2021
They thought they got rid of Messi only for his reincarnate to show up. We are feasting this season https://t.co/jySNpQG7Sb
- 'J~A' (@_aritz_mar) September 27, 2021
Bruh he sounds like Messi bruh with a hint of Neymar idk why
- Jordan (@Aizendagreatest) September 26, 2021
He sounds exactly like Messi, that's crazy :scream:
It's like he was groomed to take over completely from Messi - shirt number, voice etc.
- :blue_heart:ALECIA:heart:BARCA:flag_jm: (@Alecia69825937) September 26, 2021
Fati's return marks the end of a grueling spell in his young career, which saw him have four surgeries on his knee.
He came on for Luuk de Jong, wearing his new number 10 shirt, and made an instant impact after 323 days away.
Fati produced the moment of the match when he smashed a powerful effort past Levante goalkeeper Aitor Fernandez.
The teenager then proceeded to sprint the length of the pitch to thank the club's medical team for their support throughout his recovery process.
"I did not imagine a return like this," he told Movistar. "Here you always have to win. I am happy for the victory, we have a lot left.
"I thank the doctors and physios who have been with me. Also to the fans.
"I have thought about helping the team. I have also thought about my family, who have suffered these months. Also for the people of the club.
"They have been a great support for me in all these months."
Featured Image Credit: Barcelona/YouTube & Twitter
- Barcelona's Franck Kessie Sent Ansu Fati Flying Into A New Dimension In Training
- Lionel Messi says Argentina's match against Australia will be 'very difficult'
- Saudi Arabia fans are so confident after beating Argentina, they're calling out Lionel Messi on TV
- Heartbreaking Footage Emerges Of Ansu Fati Leaving Pitch In Flood Of Tears After Injury In Barcelona Defeat