| Last updated
Frank Lampard has beaten the likes of Paul Scholes and Steven Gerrard to be named the best attacking midfielder in the history of the Premier League.
The name Frank Lampard is often grouped with fellow former England teammates Paul Scholes and Steven Gerrard in the Premier League's longest running debate.
One list has named the former Chelsea player as ahead of his peers and ahead of everyone else. According to talkSPORT, 'Lamps' is the best player in his position to have ever graced the Premier League:
1. Frank Lampard - 177 goals, 102 assists
2. Paul Scholes - 107 goals and 55 assists
3. David Silva - 54 goals and 83 assists
4. Steven Gerrard - 120 goals and 92 assists
5. Cesc Fabregas - 50 goals and 111 assists
6. Kevin De Bruyne - 23 goals and 46 assists
7. Yaya Toure - 62 goals and 32 assists
8. Juan Mata - 50 goals and 51 assists
9. Santi Cazorla - 25 goals and 35 assists
10. Luka Modric - 13 goals and 15 assists
Lampard became Chelsea's top scorer of all time when he was at Stamford Bridge, before moving to Manchester City, and is fourth on the list of all time top scorers in the Premier League.
Only Alan Shearer, Wayne Rooney and Andrew Cole have more goals than him right now and the closest midfielder is Gerrard, 57 goals behind.
Chelsea let former manager Maurizio Sarri move to Juventus after just one year in England. The Italian won the Europa League and finished third in the league, whilst also losing in the Carabao Cup final, but his future for the Blues looked uncertain.
Now it's expected that Lampard will move from Derby Country, having himself only been at the Championship club for a year, to take the reigns at Stamford Bridge.
The club currently are on a two transfer window ban from FIFA so whoever the new man is, they won't be able to sign anyone.
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read