The countdown to the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games is officially underway as the men's and women's teams in the football competition learned of their fate in the draw held on Wednesday.
Tokyo Stadium will be the stage for the first match of the Japanese men's team, while the women's finalists will fight for the gold medal at the city's iconic new Olympic Stadium, which will also be the setting for the Games' opening and closing ceremonies.
The association football tournament at this year's summer Olympics is scheduled to be held from 21 July to 7 August - with the video assistant referee (VAR) system being used for the very first time.
Team GB, only represented by the women this year, will face hosts Japan in Group E.
Here, SPORTbible takes a look at what happened in the draw...
Men's football draw
The draw for the men's Olympic football draw has thrown together some incredibly hotly contested games.
⚔️ The draw for the Men's #OlympicFootball Tournament has thrown up some intriguing clashes!#Tokyo2020 pic.twitter.com/aWBvZJw3Zq
- FIFA.com (@FIFAcom) April 21, 2021
Women's football draw
The women's football teams have been drawn with Team GB facing the host's Japan in Group E.
:chart_with_upwards_trend: The 12 Women's Olympic Football Tournament teams have been ranked and allocated pots for Wednesday's draw :1234:@Olympics #OlympicFootball #Tokyo2020
:arrow_right: https://t.co/GuutMtOt5s pic.twitter.com/m8lF5z64rN
- FIFA Women's World Cup (@FIFAWWC) April 16, 2021
- In My Own Words: I Still Get Teary Re-Watching The Tokyo Olympics, I Want That Feeling To Stay Forever
- The 'greatest' World Cup group stage is over, the last 16 looks incredible
- Tokyo Olympics Football Draw: When Is It, How To Stream And Which Teams Are Involved?
- Lionel Messi’s doctor wants Argentina to lose all of their World Cup group-stage matches