To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders
Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications
Tyron Woodley believes he should be doubling his bonus for fighting Jake Paul a second time, after taking the fight at short notice once Tommy Fury backed out.
Woodley fought Paul in August, in what was the YouTubers hardest fight to date, with some believing that Woodley chose not to knock his opponent out because they claimed the fight was rigged.
Despite getting an 'I love Jake Paul' tattoo, the former UFC star wasn't supposed to be getting his rematch straight away, instead it was supposed to be Fury.
The British fighter, nearly as much a novice as his American rival, picked up a broken rib in training, something his dad John wasn't too happy about, leading to Woodley getting a second shot.
The 39-year-old has a $500,000 knockout bonus in his contract but he wasn't another $500,000 bonus for saving Saturday night's fight.
"We need a new bonus," the former UFC star told ESPN, "It should be called the ‘Keeping the hope alive and the card alive’ bonus."
"We need to add that too; might as well say half-a-bag [half-a-million] since that’s what we’re throwing out there."
Woodley had 16 fights in UFC, before being released earlier this year, and he's used to getting the kind of bonuses UFC president Dana White hands out on any card.
The Chosen One thinks his former bosses model is the way to go with his extra money, "Like Dana White said; ‘Fight of the Night, Knockout of the Night, Performance of the Night’ – it's the same thing," he added.
"So I think we should throw another $500,000 just because all these people would’ve wasted their time, their training camp, their coaches, all these incidentals to train.
"Tommy Fury would’ve caused all of them not to fight. The venue, the ticket sales, the refunds, the sponsors. So yeah, let’s get another 500,000.”
Woodley isn't the only person who is hoping to get money out of Paul, with WBA, WBC, IBF and Ring magazine female middleweight champion Claressa Shields saying she'll sue the novice boxer for defamation.
The social media star had claimed that Shields had asked to be on the undercard on Saturday night, something she refutes, as she gets ready to defend her titles against Ema Kozin in January.
Instead fellow American Amanda Serrano is on the undercard and, should she defend her featherweight titles, she's likely to face Katie Taylor next year in the biggest fight in women's boxing history.
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read