Whyte To Hearn: Joshua Offered $50m For Wilder Fight And 'He Didn’t Take It'
Dillian Whyte and Anthony Joshua's promoter, Eddie Hearn, had a heated exchange at the Sergio Garcia and Ted Cheeseman fight on Saturday night.
The 30-year-old boxer was one of the potential names lined up to compete against AJ on 13th April, though it would seem that Joshua has his sights set on travelling to the USA and fighting against Jarrell Miller.
Speaking on iFL TV, Whyte told Hearn that a "real source" told him that AJ didn't take up a $50m offer to fight Deontay Wilder in a unification match last year.
"He offered Joshua $50m and he didn't take it," he said.
"I've been over to America and I know from a real source. I've seen that the money was there."
The Body Snatcher wasn't done there. In fact, the Brit revealed that he had spent time with Showtime's Stephen Espinoza and claims that the contract offer to AJ was real.
"Espinoza said the dough was there," he explained. "I know [your] team AJ first, so I'm not getting involved."
Dillian Whyte to Eddie Hearn on Wilder's $50mill offer to AJ ~ 'I've seen that the money was there'. pic.twitter.com/wG6m20V4nD
- BOXING CORNER :two::four:/:seven: (@boxingcorner247) 3 February 2019
One of the most intense interviews I have filmed, borderline awkward with @DillianWhyte and @EddieHearn tonight at the 02, definitely worth a watch! https://t.co/xigSQPky2G
- Kugan Cassius (@KuganCassius) 2 February 2019
Extraordinary viewing from @DillianWhyte and @EddieHearn last night at the 02 as they have it out over Joshua fight, terms, rematches, splits https://t.co/mFVyYVeGvK
- iFL TV:tm: (@IFLTV) 3 February 2019
More Like ThisMore Like This
Whyte recently confirmed that a potential fight with AJ, who holds the IBF, WBA (Super) and WBO Championships, was "dead."
"It is not happening at the minute, so we move on," he told Sky Sports.
"The good thing is I am in a position where I have got options. We wanted the fight, I think they wanted the fight as well, but sometimes negotiations break down.
"I believe I have a certain value, bring a certain value to the fight. I need belief that this is what he wants to give me."
While there might be disappointment on Whyte's part that a rematch with the 29-year-old Brit has fallen through, he has already revealed when he will fight next and who he wants his next opponent to be.
"Negotiations in business are very difficult. The fans don't really see the ins and outs of that. We move on," he explained.
"I fight April 20 here [The O2] hopefully against Dominic Breazeale, Alexander Povetkin, Luis Ortiz or one of those guys. Let's see what Eddie can deliver in the next couple of days.
"I would fight Dominic Breazeale because he is a big guy, only lost once and he is WBC mandatory challenger."
Meanwhile, Big Baby Miller has already made it personal with AJ after he took a swipe at his mom.
Eddie Hearn's plans for an April 20th card at the O2 Arena:
Dillian Whyte vs Dominic Breazeale/Alexander Povetkin/Luis Ortiz
Dereck Chisora vs Joseph Parker
Dave Allen vs Lucas Browne
Carlos Takam vs Michael Hunter
A heavyweight fight night. :heart_eyes: pic.twitter.com/RFnJFJPvoQ
- bet365 (@bet365) 3 February 2019
Who should Whyte fight next?
Let us know in the comments.
Featured Image Credit: iFL TV
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read