Dillian Whyte Cleared Of Doping Allegations Before And After Oscar Rivas Fight By VADA
The Voluntary Anti-Doping Association (VADA) has cleared Dillian Whyte of doping both before and after his fight with Oscar Rivas.
The Brit, 31, picked up a superb victory over Rivas, 32, in London last month to claim the WBC interim heavyweight title.
But Whyte was placed at the centre of controversy after he reportedly tested positive for banned substances.
According to Sky Sports, VADA has now cleared the 'Body
Snatcher' of any wrongdoings and said that he passed both his pre-fight and
Although Whyte must wait on the verdict from the UK Anti-Doping before he is completely cleared of the doping allegations and the the results of the B sample they took from him.
Whyte took to Twitter last week to break his silence on the allegations, saying that he was "disappointed with the rubbish that has been said about me over the last few days."
He continued: "I have lawyers dealing with it and I have been told that I can't talk about it for good legal reasons.
"I was cleared to fight and I won that fight fair and square.
"Thanks for the support."
I am so disappointed with the rubbish that has been said about me over the last few days.
I have lawyers dealing with it and I have been told that I can't talk about it for good legal reasons.
I was cleared to fight and I won that fight fair and square.
Thanks for the support
- Dillian Whyte (@DillianWhyte) July 26, 2019
The interim champ has been ranked the No 1 boxer with the WBC for over 600 days and has been eyeing up a shot at WBC champion Deontay Wilder, 33.
But the WBC announced it had 'provisionally suspended' Whyte
as interim champ amid the doping allegations.
"In light of that adverse finding, and pending the outcome of the WBC's own investigation and adjudicatory process, the WBC is provisionally suspending the WBC's recognition of Dillian Whyte as WBC interim world heavyweight champion and mandatory challenger of the division," the WBC said in a statement.
"The WBC has notified Mr Whyte and his team of the WBC's suspension, and that it will afford Mr Whyte the opportunity to present its position to the WBC at an investigative hearing which will take place at a place and time to be announced in the near future."
Ahead of VADA's verdict, promoter Eddie Hearn said Whyte needed a "chance to prove" that he wasn't involved in any wrongdoings.
The Matchroom boss added: "Let the facts come out.
"That process is handled by Whyte and his lawyers. They are working to make sure his name is cleared, and the truth comes out."
Featured Image Credit: PA