Rules Changed For Mike Tyson Vs. Roy Jones Jr Bout, Says Promoter
There could now be a knockout and a winner will be confirmed for the bout between Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr.
He also said no winner will be announced on fight night.
However, Triller, who are broadcasting the blockbuster clash in America, have disputed the rules.
Triller co-owner Ryan Kavanaugh now says the World Boxing Council will be scoring the contest and there could be a knockout.
Statement now released by Triller insists KOs are allowed in Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr exhibition. If it goes distance, the 'winner' will be announced based on scores from WBC ex-fighter judges.- Michael Benson (@MichaelBensonn) November 25, 2020
California Commission previously said KO is not the aim, WBC scores not official.
"Know there have been some false rumours swirling, so to be crystal clear - the WBC is scoring the fight," he said.
"There could be a knockout and there will be one winner.
More Like ThisMore Like This
"Anyone who says there is going to be no judging or no winner either does not understand the rules or has their own agenda. Unquestionably. 100%."
He added: "The only difference in this fight is the gloves are 12 ounces, there are eight rounds and the rounds are two minutes rather than three. That is it.
"We have nothing but the utmost respect for Andy and everyone at CSAC.
"For total clarity we are not implying that CSAC is picking a winner or scoring.
"WBC is scoring and a winner will be determined using those scores as a basis."
Kavanaugh continued: "The results will not be reflected on their fight record.
"We apologise for any confusion and look forward to a great night of fights Saturday night."
Tyson vs. Jones Jr headlines this weekend's pay-per-view card from the Staples Center in Los Angeles with Jake Paul vs. Nate Robinson and Badou Jack vs. Black McKernan on the undercard.
Featured Image Credit: PA/PA
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read