Gennady Golovkin Claims He's Ready For 'Two-Fight Series' Against Conor McGregor And Khabib
It has all the ingredients to become the biggest fight in history, and boxing legend Gennady Golovkin is more than ready to step up to the plate.
Golovkin, a former unified middleweight world champion, has revealed that he would fight either Conor McGregor or Khabib Nurmagomedov in a crossover 'two fight series' after losing his WBA, WBC and IBO crowns to Canelo Alvarez.
That's right. The 36-year-old has called out the pair in an interview with TMZ, saying he would "fight both" of the biggest personalities in UFC today.
When asked if he would beat either of them, he said: "I don't know, nobody knows." but praised their bout at UFC 229.
"These are huge guys, I saw their fight, it was a good fight." Golovkin said in the interview.
Imagine the actual scenes - Conor McGregor lacing up the gloves once again to face one of the greatest in boxing history. It seems unlikely but who would have predicted the Mayweather bout?
It seems the crossover fights are all the range these days, with rumours of a potential Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Floyd Mayweather fight being touted last month.
But that petered out after the boxer announced a fight with Japanese kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa on New Year's Eve.
'Money, who is 50-0 in the boxing ring, has a struck deal with Far East MMA promotion Rizin and it was announced in a press conference last night that he will be involved in a bout on the Rizin 14 card at Saitama Super Arena in Tokyo to close out 2018.
RIZIN FF just announced that Floyd Mayweather Jr. will fight undefeated sensation Tenshin Nasukawa on 12/31 at the Saitama Super Arena. The press conference is live right now: https://t.co/NgAahdtrwT- Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) November 5, 2018
Nothing will surprise us in the fighting game, not even Golovkin vs McGregor/Khabib.