Canelo Open To Fighting UFC Star Tyron Woodley After Call-Out
Canelo's open to facing Tyron Woodley in a sensational cross-codes bout after the UFC fighter called out the Mexican boxer.
The ex-UFC welterweight champion not only wants to fight Canelo but also believes he can knock the superstar boxer out.
The three-weight boxing world champion has now responded to Woodley's proposal, saying the bout wouldn't provide a challenge to him but might be good business.
"Why not?" He said when asked about a potential clash with Woodley.
Canelo Alvarez has admitted that he could be open to facing ex-UFC champion Tyron Woodley, who called him out for a boxing match last week. The Mexican said the bout doesn't represent a challenge to him, but might be good business, in which case: "Why not?" [@Univision]
- Michael Benson (@MichaelBensonn) October 17, 2019
Canelo's set to face Sergey Kovalev as he bids to become a four-weight world champion and it appears he has Woodley on his radar.
Woodley revealed his desire to box Canelo, and he gave his prediction on how a contest under boxing rules would go down.
"I still can box right now," he told TMZ. "I want Canelo. I don't want to go in there and fight 'Boo Boo the Fool' because if he lands a couple shots off on you then everybody going to be like, 'Oh, Tyron got touched up by this dude, and he ain't even a .500 fighter.'
"If you go in there and risk it all and let it hang, I want the No. 1 guy.
"I'm trying to knock him out. If I land, he's going down, let's not even play.
"It don't matter how many boxing and fights you got and how many MMA stuff, if I hit Canelo with everything, throw some ass on the punch, it's a wrap."
Woodley, meanwhile, hasn't fought since losing his UFC belt to Kamaru Usman at UFC 235 last March.