To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders
Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications
| Last updated
Tommy Fury has admitted turning down two separate offers to fight Jake Paul, as the war of words between the pair continues.
Fury took to Instagram to confirm the accusation from Paul that he did indeed turn down the offers, before going on to explain why.
The former Love Island finalist increased his professional boxing record to 7-0 on the undercard of Jake Paul v Tyrone Woodley last month, handsomely defeating Antony Taylor via a points decision.
Paul, who also won a points decision that evening against former UFC champion Woodley, was thought to be lining up a future fight against Fury, although talks now appear to have hit a stumbling block.
The YouTube star and brother of Logan Paul recently claimed to have sent the 22-year-old Brit a £1 million final offer to fight him.
Paul has already knocked out Ben Askren and Nate Robinson in professional bouts, with August's win over Woodley his first to go the full distance.
By contrast, Fury would be the first professional boxer that the controversial American will have faced in the ring - setting up an intriguing contest if the pair can eventually thrash out a deal.
My final message to Tommy Fury. pic.twitter.com/sn1r9SNjsb- Jake Paul (@jakepaul) September 22, 2021
Chances of that look to be slim at the present time, however, with Fury taking to Instagram to deride Paul's opening offers.
"I just wanted to come on here and address a few things that Jake Paul has been saying that I have denied two offers to fight him," Fury stated in a story.
"That is true, as those offers weren't even worth addressing, and now he has come out and said that he wants to give me a £1million to fight him and I just want to say this.
"To everybody out there, £1million for a fight of this magnitude is not even worth getting out of bed for, this fight is going to gross millions and millions of pounds."
He continued: "This is a very smart tactic in what he is doing. It is used by a lot of fighters when they don't want to fight somebody.
"But as I previously said, in boxing terms £1million is nothing especially for a fight of this size, tomorrow or tonight is soon enough to fight you get your figures up and we can talk."
The pair faced off after their respective victories at last month's Triller event, where they could be seen discussing a potential fight.
Fury's promoter, Frank Warren, confirmed to IFLTV that talks are underway with Jake Paul over a future bout - but that they are in the early stages of negotiations.
"We are talking at the moment, so hopefully something may happen, we'll see. There's a long way to go yet," Warren confirmed.
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read