| Last updated
The boxing legend made his return in an exhibition bout against Roy Jones Jr in November and promised more would be coming.
Many believed he would be taking on Holyfield next month - but that fell through earlier this year due to financial differences.
But 'Iron Mike' has dropped a bombshell speaking to TMZ Sports and he told them: "I'm gonna fight Lennox Lewis... September."
Mike Tyson has claimed his next fight will be against Lennox Lewis in September after talks for a trilogy with Evander Holyfield fell through. [@TMZ_Sports]
- Michael Benson (@MichaelBensonn) April 28, 2021
Many are unsure if the 54-year-old is just having some fun right now, with video footage showing him to be quite unenthusiastic.
But the prospect of Tyson mixing it up again with a former rival certainly is appealing.
Lewis defeated Tyson back in 2002 via eighth-round knockout when they faced off at the Pyramid Arena in Memphis, Tennessee.
He was asked about facing 'The Baddest Man on the Planet' for a second time late last year and told TMZ: "If the public wanted it then we would probably talk."
"Yes and no. Yes, because TV made him look like King Kong" he told The Guardian when asked.
"But no, because Manny [Lewis' trainer Emanuel Steward] always told me Tyson would be my easiest fight.
"I'd say: 'Come on, now. He's going to be a little difficult.' But Manny said: 'No. It's your easiest fight.'"
You'd have to imagine the build for a second fight would be a bit tamer than the first - which saw Tyson threaten to eat his rival's children.
"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you," Tyson warned Lewis after destroying Lou Savarese inside 38 seconds in 2000. "I'm the most brutal and vicious and ruthless champion there has ever been.
"Lennox is a conqueror? No. I am Alexander. He's no Alexander. I'm the best ever ... My style is impetuous, my defence is impregnable and I'm just ferocious.
"I want your heart. I want to eat his children."
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read