| Last updated
The UFC's highest earners for 2020 have been revealed and there's a few surprise inclusions in the top 20.
The team over at MMA Breakdown have crunched the numbers and it turns out some of the more high-profile mixed martial artists on the UFC roster had a pretty decent year financially.
Despite the coronavirus pandemic plaguing live sport for much of last year, UFC president Dana White did a fantastic job of putting on safeguarded fights to ensure his athletes could earn money during the tough times - even if it meant moving the events half-way round the world to empty arenas.
And while other sports have seemingly struggled amid COVID-19, the UFC has turned over some of its best figures to date - the slight increase in the average fighter wages proving that.
According to MMA Breakdown, the average UFC fighter raked in US$147,965 this year which is up from an average earnings of $146,673 in 2019.
On top of that, 219 fighters (38%) from a roster of 580 earned six-figures salaries in 2020 - a 36% increase from 2019.
As for the cash cow of 2020, that came in the form of undefeated lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov who took home US$6,090,000 from his title bout with Justin Gaethje.
UFC's top 20 biggest earners of 2020
1. Khabib Nurmagomedov = $6,090,000
2. Conor McGregor = $3,060,000
3. Junior dos Santos = $1,560,000
4. Israel Adesanya = $1,230,000
5. Justin Gaethje = $920,000
6. Jose Aldo = $900,000
7. Deiveson Figueiredo $ 875,000
8. Anthony Pettis = $855,000
9. Alistair Overeem = $830,000
10. Stipe Miocic = $790,000
11. Dominick Reyes = $760,000
12. Robert Whittaker = $745,000
13. Marcin Tybura = $701,000
14. Andrei Arlovski = $695,000
14. Tony Ferguson = $695,000
16. Donald Cerrone = $660,000
17. Kamaru Usman = $640,000
18. Anderson Silva = $620,000
18. Derrick Lewis = $620,000
20. Anthony Smith = $615,000
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read