Paul Gallen's heart is unquestionable.
The ex-NRL star went 10 rounds with Australian Olympian Justis Huni before eventually getting finished with a matter of minutes to go.
But during the latter stages of the bout, fans were treated to a little giggle when G-Train produced a pretty funny moment.
After taking a barrage of shots from Huni which rocked him, a very groggy Gallen well and truly went into desperation mode.
As he wobbled agonisingly close to the canvas, the gassed former Cronulla Sharks captain went down but decided to take Huni with and wrapped up his legs with a perfectly-executed rugby league tackle.
Paul Gallen - 1 tackle, 0 missed tackles :joy::joy: pic.twitter.com/Nh3WeZw212
- Brendan Bradford (@1bbradfo) June 16, 2021
The crowd inside the ICC Exhibition Centre in Sydney laughed and cheered as the referee stood both men up.
You could also see a cheeky grin on Gallen's face too.
Fans on social media were absolutely loving it too, one bloke tweeted: "Paul Gallen - 1 tackle, 0 missed tackles."
While another added: "Legs tackle. No sin bin for Gal."
What about Gal's copy book tackle in round 10.
Gold Australia :100:
- Ian Sharkey :earth_asia::city_sunset::stadium: (@footyWhisperer) June 16, 2021
Then the commentator says "well Gallen can still tackle people"
- Pedas (@SpicyThylacine) June 16, 2021
Gallen was absolutely stuffed!! Put in a great tackle though :joy::joy::joy:#betterlucknexttimegallen #gettingbetterandbettergal #legend #GallenvsHuni
- Skye Robson "Tiger" (@SkyeRobson12) June 16, 2021
For all the trash-talk and underlying tension heading into the all-Aussie fight, the tackle served as a rather wholesome moment in a night where both fighters proved just how tough they were.
And not long after the moment, Huni finished the fight by dropping Gallen with a devastating right hand.
At the end of the day, both men won retrospectively.
Huni wins by 10th round KO. Bravo Gallen, you are one tough SOB#GallenHuni pic.twitter.com/hRE8A0psmf
- Jamie Pandaram (@JamiePandaram) June 16, 2021
Huni kept his undefeated record in tact while also displaying the sort of talent that has him tipped for greatness.
As for 39-year-old Gallen, he proved just how tough he really is and that he can match it with the very best in the business.
Featured Image Credit: Main Event
- Paul Gallen unfazed by physical toll of boxing as he confirms his professional career is over
- Ex-Rugby League Player Paul Gallen Dubbed 'The Toughest Man In Australia' After 10-Round War
- Paul Gallen Says He Wants To Fight TWO Queensland Legends In One Mental Night
- Paul Gallen rubbishes Matt Lodge's offer to fight for FREE with all proceeds going to charity