To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders
Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications
| Last updated
Paul Gallen has his sights set firmly on a bout with Aussie heavyweight boxer Justis Huni.
But with dates and venues chopping and changing so frequently, Gallen is growing more and more frustrated and has now urged Huni's camp to either accept or decline the fight terms.
And he's given them a 48-hour period to do so.
22-year-old Olympic hopeful Huni and 39-year-old former rugby league player Gallen were initially tipped to go toe-to-toe inside the ring on July 7 but that was quickly moved back to June 16.
It's understood the reason for this is to ensure Huni would still be medically eligible for the Tokyo Olympics if he was to get knocked out by Gallen.
But fresh off the back of a huge first-round victory over former world champion Lucas Browne, it's clear Gallen just wants a concrete plan in place so he can continue his red hot winning streak.
"It's just a shame so far with the management, everything keeps changing," the former Cronulla Sharks captain told Nine's Wide World of Sports.
"I know it's got to suit him and I know he's got the Olympics and it's been his dream since he was a kid. I understand all that and I'm happy to accommodate him for most of it.
"But the goalposts just keep getting moved day-in, day-out on me. I'm not sure where it's at at the moment.
"Venues are changing, dates are changing. Now they're saying they want to move it to Brisbane.
"It's just all over the place. I agreed to fight him in Sydney at the Hordern Pavilion on the 7th of July. Now they've brought it forward to the 16th [of June].
"I've just finished a fight. I've had a good week off but there's only six weeks' preparation; basically I don't get any break at all, I have to go straight back into a fight.
"I understand everything they're dealing with but they've also got to be reasonable. I won't be going to Brisbane to fight.
"Everything's up in the air. I've said from day one, I'm happy to have these challenges, happy to have fights people want to see, but there's got to be a bit of give and take on both sides.
"I've given everything, I can't given anymore. I've given, given, given, haven't taken anything. They've got to be fair and reasonable; I think I've been more than fair and reasonable.
"If we can just find a way to sort something out and get it done, it's got to be done soon. We're talking six, seven weeks away, so hopefully we can get it moving in the next day or two."
But while the changing of dates and even venues is infuriating, Gallen sees the move as a sign that Huni's camp actually respects the knockout power Gallen possesses in his right hand.
"I honestly believe they wanted to change the date because of the Olympics, which at least I'm in their head a bit. That's a sign of respect, that's fine, I'm happy to wear that," Gallen added.
"If I was to knock him out, it's a mandatory 30 days off which means he wouldn't have been able to go to the Olympics, which has been his dream for a long time. I'm happy to cop that one.
"But to go from, Sydney to Brisbane, that's too much. I don't think I can settle for that.
"I don't want this to end up being a trash-talking thing like me and Browne was... he carried on and then I carried on back.
"Me and Huni doesn't have to be like that. I've got great respect for the bloke and he's an enormous talent. But I'm not coming there to lose."
Featured Image Credit: Twitter/NRL
Chosen for YouChosen for You
Most Read StoriesMost Read