Declan Rice's form this season for West Ham United has reportedly attracted the interest of Real Madrid.
That's according to former Hammers and Chelsea player Scott Minto, who told Stadium Astro after the Manchester United match on Saturday that the 20-year-old English defender was on Los Blancos' radar.
"I'm hearing that even Real Madrid are knocking on the door and speaking to his family and I'm not going to tell you [who], it's a reliable source," he said.
Rice has had a superb season with West Ham and was called up for his England debut last month, with him featuring in the Three Lions' UEFA Euro 2020 qualification matches against the Czech Republic and Montenegro.
The former Republic of Ireland international, who has been linked with Manchester United, has made 35 appearances for his club this season across all competitions, having scored twice and also getting an assist to his name.
West Ham would be in a strong position with either keeping Rice at the club or demanding a significant fee for the player, mainly for how he extended his contract last year and his current deal runs until 2024.
In fact, West Ham boss Manuel Pellegrini reinforced the fact that any Premier League club would have to cough up some serious cash for the Hammers star.
"In that case, as always, it is just a matter of price," he said last month (via the Guardian).
"There are big teams who decide to pay an important amount of money. Sure, if it is a good deal for the club and the player and improves his career, then we can do it. But I know nothing about that yet."
Will Rice leave West Ham in the summer?
Let us know in the comments.
Featured Image Credit: PA